Best time to take DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr PS09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i am currently a sophomore and i was just wondering when the best time to take the DAT would be. I know there are a lot of strategies and i wanted to hear some. I know some people say to take it in the summer after your sophomore year and some say to take it in the summer after your junior year.
So i leave it you to SDNers, when is the best time to take it.

btw, I have taken gchem, orgo 1, the 2 freshman bios, and am currently taking orgo 2. i have not taken physics yet but i am took AP in high school so i know how do most of it.

Members don't see this ad.

I took it the summer after my sophomore year cause everything was still fresh in my mind. Plus if you take it early then you have plenty of time to retake if you need to. By the way why are you talking about physics cause it isn't even on the DAT lol

nope! I didn't retake it, I got these scores my first try :D I'm just hoping that i'll get a few interviews when i apply next cycle cause it seems like everyone here on SDN is getting good scores.