Best way to become a professor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rx Boss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been working in retail for almost 3 years and need a change! I would like to know the best route to take to become a pharmacy professor.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I've been working in retail for almost 3 years and need a change! I would like to know the best route to take to become a pharmacy professor.
Thanks

I think the shortest (and somewhat feasible) way for you would be a 1-year community residency. That would qualify you for community/am care professor roles.

Other than that, I don't think you'll get hired other than maybe a part-time lab instructor. For those positions, just inquire at your local pharmacy schools.

A professor professor? You'll probably need to get a PhD.

If you mean more along the lines of a clinical instructor, then the above comment applies.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the shortest (and somewhat feasible) way for you would be a 1-year community residency. That would qualify you for community/am care professor roles.

Other than that, I don't think you'll get hired other than maybe a part-time lab instructor. For those positions, just inquire at your local pharmacy schools.

Thanks. I applied for a PGY1 hospital this past year. Had an interview, but did not match. I guess the next go round I will consider community also. Thanks again!