Best way to get to New York from Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jam21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys!. I have an interview with Tufts on Nov 21 (thursday), and COlumbia interview on NOv 22 (fRiday). I 've never been to Boston.
What's the best and quickest way to get to NY from boston besides the plane? Also, for those who've been to Tufts, how far is the Tufts (or the hotels nearby) located from the airport??
I was also wondering if taking subway is a good idea in boston (?)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

jam21,

The subway system in Boston is pretty easy to use. There is an airport stop on the blue line, however, you will need to take a Massport shuttle from the airport terminal to the subway station (it takes 5 minutes or so). You can also take a bus (I think its called the Logan Express) for 5$ from the airport to South Station. South Station is really close to Tufts (5-10 minute walk). Tufts is in the Chinatown neighborhood of Boston and close to the South Station and Downtown Crossing stops on the Red Line, the New England Medical Center stop on the Orange Line and the Boylston stop on the Green Line (if you go by subway directly from the airport, its best to take the blue line from Airport stop to the State Street stop where you can change from Blue to Orange Line. The NE Medical Stop on the Orange line is right near Tufts - maybe a 2 minute walk) I'm not sure about hotels but I'm sure there is info on the internet. Boston is pretty easy to get around by subway and there are enough buses to get you where the subway won't take you. The website for the subway and buses is www.mbta.com. Its really helpful.

To get from Boston to NY, if you have the time, I would suggest taking the bus. I think Peter Pan buslines runs frequently at $20-25 one way. The Chinatown bus that goes from Chinatown in Boston (Tyler St.) to Chinatown in NYC (Canal St.) is $10-20 one way. . .thats another option. They sell tickets in some stores in Chinatown. I think they are called Travel Pack tickets or something like that. I vaguely remember seeing an ad for a website for the Travel Pack buses. You could probably search online if you were interested.

I hope this helps. . .let me know if I can try to answer anything else for you!

that helped a lot!!.Thank you so mucH!

No problem. I hope that you have no trouble getting around. No one needs to add the stress of navigating an unfamiliar place to an already stressful situation. :) Good luck with your interviews!