Best way to improve my verbal in 2 weeks?(scheduled for sept. 4th)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iliveinmyguitar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been studying for this beast all summer. I only started to take practice exams in august with verbal presenting it self as my achilles heel. I've taken the AAMC # 3,4,5,7,8,9. I break 10 on most cases with the sciences. But the verbal is killin me. I got a 4 on AAMC 9 today :(, 10 in BS, and 11 in PS. I was improving on tests 3,4,5 taking them one day and reviewing them on the day after. But than my grandma got hit by a car outside my house so for 2 days I was distracted going in and out of the hospital not really doing much to prepare for the mcat. So to catch up I took 7,8,9 everyday in a row. My sciences stayed the same but my verbal kept dropping: 7 -> 6 -> 4!..... Is the verbal on those getting harder and harder or is it just me? I honestly feel a little burnt out and while I was taking the test today I had no motivation whats so ever. My highest verbal was a 9 on AAMC# 5

I personally find that I exert most mental energy on the verbal but a 4 on it can not possibly be representative of my ability to reason a passage. I'll push through it. My plan is to keep taking/reviewing practice tests until my test on the 4th. But do you guys have any suggestion on upping my Verbal? I've tried the princeton review approach but prefer the exam crackers way more.

Members don't see this ad.