Best way to improve prior to 4th year with low step score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuro546

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm a DO student and just received my step 1 score, (210) which was below my nbme average. I'm looking for advice on whether or not neurology is still a realistic path if I am able to improve significantly on step 2. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It's still a realistic path. Apply broadly and maybe consider doing an away rotation or two.

It's still a realistic path. Apply broadly and maybe consider doing an away rotation or two.

Thanks for the reply! I'm just going to remember this feeling and use it as motivation to improve this year. I just want to make sure im being realistic with my goals, knowing i still have a chance means a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely take step 2 USMLE also, not just step 1. I think your goal is still realistic for sure.

Definitely take step 2 USMLE also, not just step 1. I think your goal is still realistic for sure.
Plan on it thanks a lot! Bought uworld today, will be making serious changes to my exam prep this time around.