Best way to study anatomy before school starts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudentRehab

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a site/iPhone app/set of flashcards that does a general overview of anatomy?

School starts at the end of May and I'd like to just have something to review rather than read my entire anatomy book in depth. I feel like an app/flashcards or something would help me better refresh my anatomy (It's been a few years).

Don't want to hardcore study anatomy, just need a refresher. Ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Read BRS Gross Anatomy by Chung and Chung. Great overview of anatomy. I also enjoy looking at Netter's flashcards.

Reactions: 1 user
Read BRS Gross Anatomy by Chung and Chung. Great overview of anatomy. I also enjoy looking at Netter's flashcards.

Thanks for the reply, do you think this would give me a general overlook on anatomy/help me or anyone prep for their first semester in a DPT program? It was either refresh on some anatomy or learn OIA's

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to a young PT, she just graduated. She suggested to review innervations.

The best way to study it, is to not study it. Honestly, every anatomy professor is a little different you don't want to waste time memorizing details that your specific professor may deem unimportant. Enjoy what spare time you have before school starts to visit with friends, do fun things and soak in the freedom. Once school starts, you'll be much busier and you'll spend plenty of time studying then!

There are so many threads on here asking the same question, and the resounding theme is usually to relax! I completely agree with markelmercel and there's no need to waste your last bit of free time to study something that you're going to already be studying all summer. Every professor has different expectations, so just wait and see what they want this summer :]. You will be great!

There are so many threads on here asking the same question, and the resounding theme is usually to relax! I completely agree with markelmercel and there's no need to waste your last bit of free time to study something that you're going to already be studying all summer. Every professor has different expectations, so just wait and see what they want this summer :]. You will be great!

Completely understandable. But, i've thoroughly enjoyed my year off traveling, working, etc, trust me lol. Was just trying to get a head start or refresh my memory. Now my question is, if one wanted to study before entering dpt school, would OIA's be more important or memorizing the skeletal structure?

you are right,I talked to a young PT, she just graduated. She suggested to review innervations.
QwqhZC

Thanks for the reply, do you think this would give me a general overlook on anatomy/help me or anyone prep for their first semester in a DPT program? It was either refresh on some anatomy or learn OIA's

Definitely. It's a great overview of each section of the human body.

I love that book and used it all the time when I took PT school gross anatomy last semester. It was great for outlining all of the main concepts we had to know for each section of the body. The practice questions at the end of each chapter really helped me to prepare for my anatomy exams, too.

I found the anatomyzone channel on youtube to be pretty helpful.

Reactions: 1 users