Best way to study for mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calibaby1212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if some ppl can tell me what the best way to study is? Like are there sources online or should i just take a whole bunch of practice exams?

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering if some ppl can tell me what the best way to study is? Like are there sources online or should i just take a whole bunch of practice exams?

just take practice exams and get yourself primed for the real thing. Review subjects you dont fully understand after taking practice exams. good luck

I read through the Exam Krackers books 1 time then took all the official MCAT practice tests online. That worked for me.

There is also a section on SDN dedicated solely to the MCAT. You will find better advice over there.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to fully prepare there is a rigorous schedule in the premed, MCAT forum. It's a stickied thread and is posted by SN2. He tells you what books to buy, when you should be taking practices, and what to do each day.

However, this regimen is really tough, and you should be shooting for low-mid twenties to be considered competitive, so it's probably not worth your time to follow that schedule unless you want to see what you are capable of getting/want max scholarships.

AAMC gives a few away for free, like one or two. The others have to be paid, I know with kaplan you get them included

I also have 1 more question, i was put on academic probation during the summer before my junior year and i was wondering if i wont get accepted bc of that? Ive been trying hard ever since gaining a great job at the hospital and volunteering

I also have 1 more question, i was put on academic probation during the summer before my junior year and i was wondering if i wont get accepted bc of that? Ive been trying hard ever since gaining a great job at the hospital and volunteering

You mean because your grades were too low? The probation part won't matter as pod schools won't know this, but your GPA probably will hurt (what is your cumulative and science, if you don't mind).

No not bc of grades, honestly it was bc of a situation that happened in my orgo class that involved cheating, the thing is its not on my transcript i was told so would i still have to tell them? They said it would just stay within the school but i recieved a 0.0 in the class and i just retook it

No not bc of grades, honestly it was bc of a situation that happened in my orgo class that involved cheating, the thing is its not on my transcript i was told so would i still have to tell them? They said it would just stay within the school but i recieved a 0.0 in the class and i just retook it

its probably just a red flag, they will probably ask what happened during your interview and you will have to answer in a way that tells them you wont do it again.

So it wont stop me from getting accepted? Even if its not on my transcript do i still have to say something? It was just an honest and stupid mistake and wasnt me

Would it prevent me from getting accepted? And isnt there a section that says have u ever been suspended from school? I mean i dont want to lie

Would it prevent me from getting accepted? And isnt there a section that says have u ever been suspended from school? I mean i dont want to lie

dont mention it in your application. Only put in all the positives about youself and mention negatives only if they ask. You werent suspended, you were .... asked to leave... lol :cool:

I don't know if that is asked on the app or not, but if your school says it stays between you and them, pod schools won't find out. Also, at my school, probation and "suspension" are two very different things... Did they force you to take a semester off?? At my school during probation you can still go to school, but
if your toe ever crosses a line, you're out.

Also, I sort of find this situation analogous to jail. Once you've served your sentence (IMO), you should be set free without repercussions. You've effectively "served your time" so I don't think it would be wise to put it on your app because your school feels you've learned your lesson (unless your on probation for the rest of your undergrad career...).

My $.02

Yea well i was suspended for the summer semester and then that was it, they said i would be on probation for the remaining 2 years of my undergrad but like i was saying they said it stays within the school, i mean thats what they said