betcha never heard this one

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDBB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's an opinion question on how much to toe the line with this app stuff. consider an extremely low grade in a core science class that is just dragging the gpa down the tubes. This is something you're planning to repeat (and are confident of aceing it), but just haven't yet. How bad an idea would it be to enter it on the acomas as a first repeat, and separately add the same class as a final repeat, not yet taken? This would effectively eliminate the grade from the GPA, but wouldn't be untruthful in hiding those results from the adcom, as well as letting them know you're about to re-take. I know it's being a bit sneaky with somantics, but is this something to absolutely avoid? thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

DDBB said:
Ok, here's an opinion question on how much to toe the line with this app stuff. consider an extremely low grade in a core science class that is just dragging the gpa down the tubes. This is something you're planning to repeat (and are confident of aceing it), but just haven't yet. How bad an idea would it be to enter it on the acomas as a first repeat, and separately add the same class as a final repeat, not yet taken? This would effectively eliminate the grade from the GPA, but wouldn't be untruthful in hiding those results from the adcom, as well as letting them know you're about to re-take. I know it's being a bit sneaky with somantics, but is this something to absolutely avoid? thanks in advance.

I would think that the school that is going to accept you would want a final transcript sent to them. If they find any discrepancies between what you entered in aacomas and your final transcript they could potentially revoke the acceptance.

However, if you honestly will retake those classes then I do not see why you can't do that.