Big Chains allow per diem jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxglasshalffull

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For those in California, if you work for a retail pharmacy, are you allowed to work for another one part-time or per diem? I don't see anything going against that in my law book. Does anyone know? Especially when you have a full-time job at a big chain and want to work per diem at an independent?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Non-compete agreements are illegal/unenforceable in the State of California. A company cannot prohibit you from working for another company except in extremely narrow and specific circumstances. Such a company would face fines/civic penalties.

Non-compete agreements are illegal/unenforceable in the State of California. A company cannot prohibit you from working for another company except in extremely narrow and specific circumstances. Such a company would face fines/civic penalties.

thanks for your answer. i have heard that people were fired from working two retail jobs at two different companies, not sure if that was in california.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your answer. i have heard that people were fired from working two retail jobs at two different companies, not sure if that was in california.

obviously be discreet about it, chains can point to any random reason as the "official" reason they fired you... like if you clocked in a minute late, or committed a clerical error.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody know about this in NY? I currently work for a independent compounding pharmacy but would like to also work at a chain per diem. Is this possible?