Bilingual advantage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jgrobi17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just how much of a financial advantage does a dentist benefit from in a corporate of private setting by being fluent in... let's say Spanish? What are you guys's thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I cannot speak to the corporate setting but...
The dentists working directly (not contract) for the state government in my area can get up to a 5 % pay boost. Provided they that can pass a language proficiency test at a level 3, 4 or 5.

Reactions: 1 user
The dentists working directly (not contract) for the state government in my area can get up to a 5 % pay boost. Provided they that can pass a language proficiency test at a level 3, 4 or 5.
Hmm... What state are you in? I know MN has higher reimbursement for helping immigrant dense communities (I'm guessing bi-lingual is one of the reasons).

Members don't see this ad :)
What languages qualify for the higher reimbursement?

Which test is that? I know that with the military test most native speakers wouldn't even get above a 3.

Not if we elect Trump. He will shelter us from big bad scary China, wave a wand to create jobs with all the existing infrastructure we have to out compete China in terms of production costs even with a 35% import in goods, inspire Americans to enter the labor force do replace the labor undocumented immigrants provide without the costs of goods and services related to immigrant labor to go up, and tell all of our allies to go **** themselves and solve their own problems. It'll be a great time to be a dentist. Lots of money. Healthy teeth. Winning. Love poorly educated patients. I guarantee it.

Easy bro.

Reactions: 1 users
"The U.S. cant default on its loans because it prints money"

I really wish that this was a joke instead of what a party's nominee actually said. It amazes me that what bothers people most about Trump is his inflammatory rhetoric. That is the least of our problems.

ap_734370624141.jpg

Reactions: 1 user