Bio Labs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent36

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a biology major and as I was looking over the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools and various dental schools' course requirements I had a sudden realization that I have only ever taken one biology lab. That lab of which was part of my anatomy course. I have worked in two biology research labs though, and this fall will be doing research in my current lab for credit. I will also be taking another bio lab this fall. The way my schedule always worked out, it turned out best for me take my bio lab major reqs my senior year. My university also does not offer gen bio labs.

I have all the other course pre-reqs and labs, and have taken many recommended courses, but will this currently missing bio lab hurt me?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

As always it depends on the school.

Many schools that have a (biology +lab 8cr) requirement told me as long as I had ONE lab credit that was enough. It really depends on where you want to go.

I'm a biology major and as I was looking over the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools and various dental schools' course requirements I had a sudden realization that I have only ever taken one biology lab. That lab of which was part of my anatomy course. I have worked in two biology research labs though, and this fall will be doing research in my current lab for credit. I will also be taking another bio lab this fall. The way my schedule always worked out, it turned out best for me take my bio lab major reqs my senior year. My university also does not offer gen bio labs.

I have all the other course pre-reqs and labs, and have taken many recommended courses, but will this currently missing bio lab hurt me?

Thanks!

As long as you have the required 8 credits equivalent of Biology labs by the time you graduate, you will be fine. Because you didn't have general biology labs, then dental schools know you will be completing your pre-reqs by the time you graduate.