Bio masters vs SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RangeRover89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently done a regular MS in Bio? I am just debating whether to do the SMP (cost would be triple ) over a regular MS at a local university? Did the regular MS enhance your app?

Members don't see this ad.

Below 3.0 gpa ----> SMP
3.0-3.3 -----> MS BIO

Reactions: 1 users
My overall GPA is a 3.1 and science GPA is a 2.91 .. DAT is a 20 across the board except orgo which is 21 and QR which is a 23

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the MS biology. It has increased my chances, but don't go into it unless you really enjoy the sciences. Thesis projects is no easy task to pursue.

meow

Would the general consensus be to sign up for a SMP program in BU or Rutgers (for those in the Northeastern portion of the USA)?

Last edited:
My overall GPA is a 3.1 and science GPA is a 2.91 .. DAT is a 20 across the board except orgo which is 21 and QR which is a 23
I had a 3.1 oGPA and 2.99 science. Went with masters , which is also cheaper and have 20's across the board , except for QR 16. I have plenty of intervoews , I would suggest Doing masters. It's also a fall a k just in case. With an SMP you won't e considered to have a master's at many work places.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypothetically your dental goals don't pan out, I'd rather have a MS degree with a thesis to fall back on rather than a SMP, the MS will be more useful for finding an alternative career.

Reactions: 1 users