Biochem for matriculant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reapplicanthelpme2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So one of the schools I was accepted to requires that I take Biochem. I was wondering if anyone knew of an online Biochem class that I could take to fulfill this pre-req. any suggestions welcome!! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Talk with admissions to make sure, but I don't see a problem with it. Last thing you need is to be rejected for not taking biochem correctly.

Thanks! I'd like to take an online Biochem class prior to matriculation. Any suggestions as to some good ones??

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure on this one, look around at all the CC options and call up the medical school to make sure that you can take one.

UC Berkeley Extension has an online biochem class. It consists of assignments, quizzes and a final exam that is a paper exam and must be proctored (you take it at an exam center or with a proctor that they approve). Just to warn you though it's not an easy class

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I'd like to take an online Biochem class prior to matriculation. Any suggestions as to some good ones??

The UNE med biochem course is pretty intense but if you're going to be putting the work in anyways why not make it worthwhile.

They have a number of different start dates and it's self paced ~$1200

UCLA and UC Berkeley Extensions have Biochem online. UNECOM, as already mentioned, has Biochem online. If you're in the Boston area, Northeastern offers it in the Winter, Spring and Summer, but it's on campus. Harvard Extension also has a summer Biochem. They had a Spring course but it's filled up (you could still check, I suppose).

Add: The Cali schools are significantly cheaper than UNECOM.

Add 2: Some schools don't accept online courses for pre-reqs, so I would email the school with the course description first. :)