Biochem Materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys, I have the TPR set, and notice a complete lack of biochemistry content. What materials are you using to cover biochem?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I have the TPR set, and notice a complete lack of biochemistry content. What materials are you using to cover biochem?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi @werunthis

I have not personally looked through the latest TPR MCAT book set, but I imagine that just about everything you need to know for the MCAT is in that book.

Different MCAT books from different companies may have small differences in the level of detail within each subject on the MCAT. I am pretty sure that TPR is known for giving students more information than what you will need to do well on the MCAT. In fact, if you look somewhere close to the beginning of their book they tell you just that (that their book has everything you need to do well on the MCAT, plus a little more). The EK books for example is known for giving students only the main information for what you need to do well on the MCAT.

It is important to keep in mind that in order to do well on the MCAT you need to do lots of practice exams, so I would focus more on that than what set of MCAT books you use.