Biochem/Physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toridlc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm (obviously) working my way to medical school. I have my major directed towards working with things that I'm in love with. I'm definitely going to stick with them, but out of curiosity, I was wondering how a medical school would view my major/minor combo.

I'm a Biochemistry Pre-Medicine major with a minor in Physics. I would be a Physics major if my university offered it, but we only have a math major. I do love math, but the math seminar along with the maths higher than Differential Equations do not pique my interest.

Basically, is this a common pairing?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my major directed towards working with things that I'm in love with. I'm definitely going to stick with them, but out of curiosity, I was wondering how a medical school would view my major/minor combo.

I'm a Biochemistry Pre-Medicine major with a minor in Physics. I would be a Physics major if my university offered it, but we only have a math major. I do love math, but the math seminar along with the maths higher than Differential Equations do not pique my interest.

Basically, is this a common pairing?
Your major/minor is fine - especially since you like physics.

I do very much enjoy physics! I like biology, but I can do without the ecology and whatnot. I'm much more fond of biology in regards to living systems, which is what the pre-med concentration of biochemistry at my university offers.
I will basically walk out with a Biochemistry Pre-Medicine degree and a Physics minor with an extra Biology major tagged on due to the load of Biology classes I'll have to take.

Reactions: 1 user
Your major/minor is fine - especially since you like physics.

Oh! Also important to note: My concentration is requiring me to take Microbiology, Comparative Anatomy of the Vertebrates, General Physiology, Genetics, and Toxicology. So, I'm sure I'm pretty much covered on the biology.

Reactions: 1 user