Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentase

Powered by tooth knockn
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I want to apply during my junior year of college and study for the DAT during the spring of 2016. However, then I cannot take biochemistry, I should have all the pre reqs completed by then or maybe take microbio during spring of 2016, which isnt a problem. So should I take biochemistry after I send in my application during 2016, this also means I will not have taken it for the DAT. How important is it, and did you take it after you applied or before?

Members don't see this ad.

I took it before the DAT but don't worry, I don't think it matters since they didn't really ask biochem materials (I could be wrong).

You shouldn't need it for the DAT. While it's nice to have that stuff done prior to the DAT and application, it's possible to succeed on different timelines.

I'm taking it now, which is after I applied and was accepted. FWIW, I also took (am still taking) organic chemistry after I applied.

Reactions: 1 user
I would not take biochem until after you have taken the DAT and applied. It will not be on the DAT. It could possibly pull your GPA down for your application too!