Biochemistry Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shinee1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I have no possible way of taking Biochemistry at any of the local community colleges or universities where I live and was wondering if anyone could share any experiences about taking BioChem online? Which school? How much? Difficult/Easy?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard of people taking it at UNE online

Some medical schools specifically state that they don't accept any online courses as valid. Biochem is a class that usually comes with a lab - very difficult if not impossible to do online. I recommend you take that into consideration and look at the application process of a few medical schools you are most interested in before paying for an online course.

Members don't see this ad :)
I second that. Some schools may accept it, others will not. Best to check with the schools you will be applying to.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Check the schools you want to apply to first to see if they are accepted.

If they are Id go to UNE. They are an actual med school and have a solid reputation for their online courses.

They are pretty costly, but I'm not aware of any other school that offers it online.

Colorado State also offers it online, but I haven't taken it so I can't give a review. I might take it this upcoming semester. Let me know if you find an online option that appears to have good reviews.

I'm currently looking at UNE, OSU or Berkeley Extension. Any reviews of any of these?
The school I'm looking at "okay-ed" online. They just want a course -- doesn't matter how.
I'm currently in the app cycle so, I'd have to take it before May...

Reactions: 1 user
Berkeley has been good for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep the info coming guys! Online courses may very well be the only option some people have to fulfill requirements.

I'd hate for someone to give up on a dream because they think there is no option when there actually is.

I would also make sure about having a proctor for the exam I do know UNE offers proctor u

I would also make sure about having a proctor for the exam I do know UNE offers proctor u

Berkeley ext. finals are all proctored and you can go to a designated center in your area or have a proctor at a local university (the proctor must be approved by them in advanced)

Berkeley ext. finals are all proctored and you can go to a designated center in your area or have a proctor at a local university (the proctor must be approved by them in advanced)
How did you like the class?

The biology course at some schools fulfills the requirements for biochem for some medical schools -- if you're doing this for just 1 school, I would double check that you aren't already good with the bio course you have.