MD Bioengineering Major 3.65 GPA, 78- 88 percentile 2015 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

humanmechanic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the new MCAT in April and got 78 - 88 percentile. I plan on retaking it again.

My cumulative GPA is 3.65.
My major GPA is 3.82.

My only clinical volunteering experience is with a hospice I volunteered at last summer. I have also shadowed a family friend who is a doctor every summer since the summer of my 10th grade year in high school. I plan on continuing both of these in a few weeks.

I am also currently doing paid research in a computational biology lab with personalized medicine (~10 hours/week). I also do bookkeeping, product descriptions, and other assorted website work for a small biological research chemicals business on the side. Previously, I was a note taker for an organic chemistry class.

For non-science related stuff, I also program computers as a hobby and I'm minoring in history.

I plan on applying to medical school at:

UCSD and other UC's. (California is my home state)
Oregon Health and Science University
University of Washington
University of Texas
Case Western (Ohio)

There's definitely a bunch more that I should be adding, which is sort of why I've made this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

you need to completely recast your school list. oregon, texas (which one? do you realize you need to fill out an entirely different primary application for TX schools?), and washington are all highly unlikely to interview/accept you as an out-of-state/region applicant. case is a mega-reach

i don't see a reason to re-take the MCAT unless you think you can do substantially better. your score right now is pretty good, the equivalent of somewhere between 31-33. your biggest worry should be your lack of ECs

get the MSAR and target OOS private schools in your range