biological anthropology question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicole004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I have searched this forum for over an hour and cannot find a good answer to this...

I am a biological anthropology major, I need many of those courses to count in my science GPA. Has anyone had any kind of experience with the following:

intro to biological anthropology
human behavioral ecology
human reproductive ecology
human adaptation
race and human evolution

all out of the bio anthro department (ANTHRBIO on the transcript)

and intro to animal behavior (PSYCH)

I have all As in these courses...

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've told dozens of people that start these threads the same thing I'm about to tell you:

If you think they should count as BCPM, list them as such. The worst that will happen is they'll change it if they disagree.

I agree with saq, but I'll bet you a lot of these get changed to social sciences. Things like 'race and human evolution' are mostly not going to fall into the AMCAS Biology description. Read the AMCAS help docs, and take your best guess. As above, they'll sort them into the correct categories regardless.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've told dozens of people that start these threads the same thing I'm about to tell you:

If you think they should count as BCPM, list them as such. The worst that will happen is they'll change it if they disagree.

Ok I will list them as BCPM, but I also would like to know what experiences people have had with these courses so I'm not surprised.

I think I had two anthropology classes (though Northwestern doesn't have an 'anthrobiology' dept.) that were both social sciences. To AMCAS, anthro- (also psych-, and socio-) are killing words - they mean 'soft science'.

But I'm not entirely sure what they'll do with the anthrobio. It's possible a few of them will pass muster. Go for it - at the very least it's a grey area.

Okay, so I have searched this forum for over an hour and cannot find a good answer to this...

I am a biological anthropology major, I need many of those courses to count in my science GPA. Has anyone had any kind of experience with the following:

intro to biological anthropology
human behavioral ecology
human reproductive ecology
human adaptation
race and human evolution

all out of the bio anthro department (ANTHRBIO on the transcript)

and intro to animal behavior (PSYCH)

I have all As in these courses...

thanks!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=552026

Read that (which is my sig.)

In short, ecology is BCPM. Anthropology is not. Neither is psych. The rest depends on the department/course. Anthrobiology could be BCPM, so you can list it there and see if it gets removed. If you read the general BCPM guidelines, at least you'll have some idea as to what your BCPM GPA will be approximately instead of just listing everything as BCPM.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=552026

Read that (which is my sig.)

In short, ecology is BCPM. Anthropology is not. Neither is psych. The rest depends on the department/course. Anthrobiology could be BCPM, so you can list it there and see if it gets removed. If you read the general BCPM guidelines, at least you'll have some idea as to what your BCPM GPA will be approximately instead of just listing everything as BCPM.

thanks for the link... I had already looked there.