Biology help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harleen317

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone that killed the bio section please help me out!! I am doing horribly on the bio section. I have been missing 8-11 on my practice exams. I have studied from the Cliff's AP bio book, college textbooks a little bit, halfway through Feralli's notes, and watched parts of chad's videos. What else can I do?? I have also gone through destroyer twice. I hope you guys can tell I am losing my head at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished DAT. I think you are fine. the practice exams might not reflect the real one.
I used almost the same material as yours for bio, and got similar practice score as yours. However, I am lucky to get a 24 for bio in real DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there specific areas that give you troubles?
I think I am missing the bigger picture somewhere. I have been so focused on the details that I get random questions wrong from various sections. I don't really know how to go about fixing that. Also, I am second guessing a lot. Maybe I am just freaking out while taking the practice exams.

I had the same problem at first, I kept getting 17's even 16's on my practice exams. But keep going through the mechanisms: digestion, photosynthesis, cellular respiration, etc. And know the pathways instead of the specifics (so no matter how they manipulate the questions, you won't get trick), and then at the same time do some questions in the Destroyer (this will help you with the specifics) and believe me at the end of the day, when you go over the questions on the practice exams they will seem repeatable. Btw I got a 19 on my bio. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
When you go over the questions and Feralis notes, make sure you really understand the concepts. Feralis notes are very dense. It ususally takes time to fully understand them. When you go over Destroyer, know why the answer choice was correct, and know why others were wrong. Same for Kaplan and CrackDAT.

Thank you guys! I have changed the way I have been studying for biology. I think this method is helping me.