biology help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andy861203

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys! i did really bad on my bio part.. i tried to study the kaplan bio section, but there were WAY too much material for me to memorize. does any one know any good bio review books other than kaplan? thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe take more time the next time to go over the bio. I would give it at least several months of consistent studying each week if you are weak in bio. :luck:

I am also using the Kaplan book for PCAT preparation. I was wondering if the sections about plants and the classifications are necessary for the PCAT biology section? Is human anatomy and physiology and microbiology sufficient for the test? What are the crucial aspects to know for biology section? Advice needed, thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also using the Kaplan book for PCAT preparation. I was wondering if the sections about plants and the classifications are necessary for the PCAT biology section? Is human anatomy and physiology and microbiology sufficient for the test? What are the crucial aspects to know for biology section? Advice needed, thank you :)

I hate these specific questions. Unfortunately no one can tell you what the PCAT will emphasize so you really just need to know it all. The bio section covers about 4-5 college courses.

I recommend using Cliff's tests, ARCO, or AP bio review books to get some general practice on bio questions. I think those are more useful than just trying to memorize info. Kaplan tends to be a bit more specific than what you need to know for the PCAT.

Thank you, fenixtnlfan, for your assistance.:thumbup: I have prepared from the Kaplan book, and I will try to use other test prep books like Cliffs or AP bio review books. :)

I hate these specific questions. Unfortunately no one can tell you what the PCAT will emphasize so you really just need to know it all. The bio section covers about 4-5 college courses.

I recommend using Cliff's tests, ARCO, or AP bio review books to get some general practice on bio questions. I think those are more useful than just trying to memorize info. Kaplan tends to be a bit more specific than what you need to know for the PCAT.

I used the Kaplan book to study bio. I didn't even try to memorize everything in the book. I just made sure I read slowly for optimal comprehension. I didn't regret it at test time. Best of luck!

Maybe take more time the next time to go over the bio. I would give it at least several months of consistent studying each week if you are weak in bio. :luck:

wow...great help sally :rolleyes: (although I do agree to a certain extent that people should know their bio since it's almost all memorization)

That being said andy - if you're in a bind and crunched for time, try pcatprofessor.com - you have to pay, but in a crunch it's better than trying to learn all that kaplan has to offer. this website's sections are shorter and straight to the point and it allows you to prepare in 3 different ways...

but again...it costs $$. and NO, I am not affiliated with that website. I paid my own $$ to use it.