Biomed Eng, MCAT = 27, GPA = 3.74

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tobby87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been really worried about acceptance into a med school. I got a 26 on my first MCAT and 27 on my second. Not a big improvement and i fear schools may see this and not offer me interview. What are my chances? 100+ hrs of hospital volunteering, 40 hrs of shadowing. sGPA ~ 3.8.

Members don't see this ad.

What's your state of residence? A 27 is pretty low for MD schools. You have a better chance at DO schools or in-state schools if your in-state school has a low MCAT average.

Its going to be tough to get into an MD school with a 27 if you are not a URM. But you in a good place to apply DO, I suggest that you do some research and see if thats something you would be willing to do. Its possible to get into a state school with that score but dont bank on it.

A 27 is circling the drain for MD schools, but OK for most DO programs. Skip AZCOM, and LUCOM.

I have been really worried about acceptance into a med school. I got a 26 on my first MCAT and 27 on my second. Not a big improvement and i fear schools may see this and not offer me interview. What are my chances? 100+ hrs of hospital volunteering, 40 hrs of shadowing. sGPA ~ 3.8.