Black premeds/doctors around?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, just finished my sophomore year and I don't really know what to do with myself now that orgo is no longer ruining my life???

Orgo really wasn't that bad...when I took it the second time >_>

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
In case anyone needs a laugh

Just finished finals

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In case anyone needs a laugh

Just finished finals

Haha. The other day, I had a nurse and another doctor mistake me for one of the trauma residents at work. We actually don't look alike lmao.

Reactions: 2 users
AA rising sophomore at the #1 school for sending AAs to med school checking in. I need to start volunteering somewhere asap. It seems like getting a volunteer position in a hospital or clinic is just as hard as getting a job lol

You can also try hospice or retirement homes.

Goodbye, Spring '16 semester. Hello, Summer '16!
I am not looking forward to calc and the various science classes that I have registered for in the fall.

@treesnm3s nursing homes are always looking for volunteers. Always.

Goodbye, Spring '16 semester. Hello, Summer '16!
I am not looking forward to calc and the various science classes that I have registered for in the fall.

@treesnm3s nursing homes are always looking for rreeeeevvvveeennnnggeee. Always.

All Summer '16

So...spent the last hr reading all the pgs in this thread up to this point. Quite an interesting, roller coaster of a read lol. Yet, I still feel I need to keep procrastinating on SDN (the one advantage to being in grad school at the moment).

Reactions: 1 user
So...spent the last hr reading all the pgs in this thread up to this point. Quite an interesting, roller coaster of a read lol. Yet, I still feel I need to keep procrastinating on SDN (the one advantage to being in grad school at the moment).

Haha, I figured that's what you were doing. What are you studying?

Haha, I figured that's what you were doing. What are you studying?

Cancer pharmacology and computational genomics for the PhD part. Basically means I'm either in lab at some God forsaken hr in the morning/night collecting time course data, reading papers, coding for hrs, or wasting some time on SDN/netflix. But can't really complain too much since I enjoy my projects.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cancer pharmacology and computational genomics for the PhD part. Basically means I'm either in lab at some God forsaken hr in the morning/night collecting time course data, reading papers, coding for hrs, or wasting some time on SDN/netflix. But can't really complain too much since I enjoy my projects.

Somebody needs to enjoy computational genomics haha

"The clapback heard round the world"

For those of you who have already been through the application process: When did you start requesting your letters of recommendation?

For those of you who have already been through the application process: When did you start requesting your letters of recommendation?
My school does the composite letter and we have an online portal where we keep individual letters, so I started asking for letters the fall semester before I submitted my application until about February. All the letters were then submitted to the online portal. I requested the composite letter in May (as soon as all the individual letters were complete).

The epitome of goals:
Goals.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

I requested letters from my writers at the beginning of the Spring semester of application year and sent a few reminder emails until they sent them in. I didn't have a committee letter but most schools have a specific date to meet with advisors and get all that stuff out of the way.

I requested letters from my writers at the beginning of the Spring semester of application year and sent a few reminder emails until they sent them in. I didn't have a committee letter but most schools have a specific date to meet with advisors and get all that stuff out of the way.
+1.....I started in January....it takes some profs MONTHS to write the letter

Also, if you ask far in advance, it let's you give them a slightly earlier time for "when do you need this by" so you can check in around them and put a little pressure on them. I'd ask early and tell them you need it a couple weeks before you really want it in. Ask at bare minimum 1 month prior to your requested need by date though, any less is discourteous unless it's a situation that can't be avoided

Okay, thanks for the responses!

My program starts today! Wish me luck yall!

Reactions: 14 users
If Black Twitter went on your last date with you:

Reactions: 6 users
Lol, Organic chemistry aficionado (oficionado). I thought putting an O instead of an A was cool in that moment.

I have never heard of the word, aficionado, lol. The play on words went over my head, literally!
That's why I had to ask. Clearly, I need to build up my vocab. Let me do some MaGoosh GRE vocab words just for fun, lol

yassss
that had me dying when I first saw it lmao black twitter is out of control xD #beckywiththebadgrades

Yasss hunty! We did not come to play! We came to SLAY! We all came in Formation, even SCOTUS!

Abby was subpar and got subpar results. She wasn't stellar, lol. This reminds me of some the SDN community. *Sips tea*

You spend 5 years suing the school for curving you, and then the Supreme Court Hit you with the "NAH" #BeckyWithTheBadGrades

Yasss hunty! We did not come to play! We came to SLAY! We all came in Formation, even SCOTUS!

Abby was subpar and got subpar results. She wasn't stellar, lol. This reminds me of some the SDN community. *Sips tea*

You spend 5 years suing the school for curving you, and then the Supreme Court Hit you with the "NAH" #BeckyWithTheBadGrades
And the thing is, 47 students with worse grades than Abigail were admitted to UT, but her lawsuit only challenged the admission of the 5 black ones, not the 42 white ones.

And then the school said she could transfer to them after a year and this girl denied them.

And the thing is, 47 students with worse grades than Abigail were admitted to UT, but her lawsuit only challenged the admission of the 5 black ones, not the 42 white ones.

And then the school said she could transfer to them after a year and this girl denied them.

She's a joke lol
They had a 400 year start to be great. She was a hater and now she got embarrassed by Scotus. Thank God Scalia passed away because if he didn't we would have lost the case.

IMG_20160227_003703.gif

Any Jamaicans (Yaardies) ever heard Alkaline's song, Moving Mountains? Oh my, I thought it was a love song o_O. I was really shock by the words. Hopefully, this is not played at any Jamaican weddings. Well, maybe at a Passa Passa Thursday wedding. If you don't know what a passa passa video is yuh nyuh real.

wuttup just found this thread. im an AA male non trad [28 with a daughter] trying to make it happen. showing love.

Sent from my SM-N900P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Lmao for real

Any Jamaicans (Yaardies) ever heard Alkaline's song, Moving Mountains? Oh my, I thought it was a love song o_O. I was really shock by the words. Hopefully, this is not played at any Jamaican weddings. Well, maybe at a Passa Passa Thursday wedding. If you don't know what a passa passa video is yuh nyuh real.
Holiday time again. Best song by him imo. Then again I dont really listen to Jamaican music despite my entire family being from there. Need to get back to those roots. But I have to admit, one of the funniest things I ever seen in my life was Jamaican.

wuttup just found this thread. im an AA male non trad [28 with a daughter] trying to make it happen. showing love.

Sent from my SM-N900P using SDN mobile
Wassup. Welcome and gl. Also, happy belated Father's Day.

Why would a person even want to go to a school that they feel like they've been wronged by to the point of suing. This entire thing was a waste of time. Around 1400 4 year colleges and she spent years crying over 1

Last edited: