Black premeds/doctors around?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It has been a horrible week for me. Not only were my eyes swollen, I contracted the pink eye. I had to take 3 days off from work to recover.

Other than that, my sister and I went to see "The boy." At the same time, we decided to charge our phones which was away from us. While away, our phones were stolen. The good part, the culprit was caught on camera. The criminal had given his manager our chargers minus our phones and tried to be cool about it. I spoke to the police/detectives and wanted to press charges. He became embarrassed as his swag began to dissipate when multiple enforcement arrived. He was arrested on the scene, while at work. I wanted to "rahtid rassclot" ......okay....what the f....does that mean? hahahaha Anyways, I was filled with joy when I saw him get taken away. I had contacted his manager and wanted to make sure he get what he deserve.

Seriously, if he had just given us our phones back, I wouldn't have call the police. Since he wanted to play with the law, the law is what he gets. I will press charges, sue for emotional damages, and stolen property. My sister and I dont have the Galaxy. We got that free flip phone that costed 100 dollars if you sign up for that 2-year contract. It was a good deal at the time.

The criminal was a young black male, probably a rapper who is trying to get his mixtape out on the streets, that was caught red handed and refused to admit to his unlawfulness.

What ya up to tonight?

:laugh:
Unnecessary. You're so unnecessary. The parts that people wouldn't understand, you just skipped over and essentially unnecessarily rephrased the whole thing. He never said anything about the guy trying to be a "rapper" getting his "mixtape out on the streets"

Reactions: 5 users
Unnecessary. You're so unnecessary. The parts that people wouldn't understand, you just skipped over and essentially unnecessarily rephrased the whole thing. He never said anything about the guy trying to be a "rapper" getting his "mixtape out on the streets"

Calm your ocytocin. It's too d@mn early for an uproar.

I got back from the clubs and still have EtOH surfing in my system ;) I was just playing around with the mixtape-- instagram has given me that stereotype hahaha Ahhhh ignorance is bliss

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! A little late to the game. Lol
But I'm also a Jamaican- American checking in!

Reactions: 4 users
You're going to sue someone who has so little money that he's resorted to stealing? Aside from paying a lot of money hiring a lawyer, what do you expect to happen? Sigh

Your dang right! He was on the job, so if I sue him I can probably sue the company as well. It is a cold world out here. How about me? I have over 100 contacts in my phone from people who I knew since elementary school, jhs, SDNers(yes, I speak to and met a lot of people from SDN) and etc are gone. I had to make an important call with a doctor last night, but I couldn't and he didn't care.

I don't have remorse for anyone who decides to willingly commit a crime with malice intent. What if I didn't have any money and this was my last sort of communication? What if I had a child and I needed to pick him or her up? Did the culprit care? No! So, why should I?
It is a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't tolerate behavior like this from anyone. You reap what you sow and be man or woman enough to face your consequences.

Guys the snow here is worst I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure my little brothers are going to have to be out of school for two weeks. There's a snow plow truck trying to move the snow but the poor guy has been out there all night and he's running out of space to put the snow. We're going to need the red cross out here or something. I will not be attending my interview(for a job) on Tuesday because it is atrocious outside. As much as I hate to say this-I am ready for the summer time.

It has been a horrible week for me. Not only were my eyes swollen, I contracted the pink eye. I had to take 3 days off from work to recover.

Other than that, my sister and I went to see "The boy." At the same time, we decided to charge our phones which was away from us. While away, our phones were stolen. The good part, the culprit was caught on camera. The criminal had given his manager our chargers minus our phones and tried to be cool about it. I spoke to the police/detectives and wanted to press charges. He became embarrassed as his swag began to dissipate when multiple enforcement arrived. He was arrested on the scene, while at work. I wanted to "rahtid rassclot" ......okay....what the f....does that mean? hahahaha Anyways, I was filled with joy when I saw him get taken away. I had contacted his manager and wanted to make sure he get what he deserve.

Seriously, if he had just given us our phones back, I wouldn't have call the police. Since he wanted to play with the law, the law is what he gets. I will press charges, sue for emotional damages, and stolen property. My sister and I dont have the Galaxy. We got that free flip phone that costed 100 dollars if you sign up for that 2-year contract. It was a good deal at the time.

The criminal was a young black male, probably a rapper who is trying to get his mixtape out on the streets, that was caught red handed and refused to admit to his unlawfulness.

What ya up to tonight?

:laugh:

Not cool :( Ignorance is a bliss.

Most people in here are Jamaican American, so they understood what I was conveying.

I was caught up in my emotions and did not think about the rest of our posters.

My apologies everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Guys the snow here is worst I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure my little brothers are going to have to be out of school for two weeks. There's a snow plow truck trying to move the snow but the poor guy has been out there all night and he's running out of space to put the snow. We're going to need the red cross out here or something. I will not be attending my interview(for a job) on Tuesday because it is atrocious outside. As much as I hate to say this-I am ready for the summer time.

Are you in NY?

Ughh, it should have snowed on Sunday to Monday, so I don't have to go to work again, lol

Idk if this question is too personal, but I figure we're all anonymous anyway. What is your dream med school?
Mine is Columbia
I didn't get an interview from my dream school, so that shipped sailed long time lol

Never give up on your dream, sometimes things fall into place

It looked like it was a stupid movie from the trailer. How'd you like it?

It had an unexpected ending. Wait until it hit showbox or something. It is more so a thriller than a horror movie.

Dead.
At least you got him. Someone stole my cheap metro pcs phone out of the nail salon a few months ago and the manager wanted to act like the cameras didn't work.

My night was great until I had to walk home in the snow :)

My dream school is and will always be Columbia.

I have MetroPCS, too. The detectives played us and Google our phones and said, "these phones are not even one hundred dollars. Who will steal these phones?"

"I spoke to the police and explained I wanted to press charges"
"I embarrassed his ass because a lot of detectives came"
"I wanted to give him two ****ing punches (or slaps) in his face"
"Since he wanted to play with the big dogs, he got bit"

Thanks for translating :)

My first interview is at SUNY Upstate next week Wednesday. I am praying the snow melts by then.
What job you are interviewing for? Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I will not be attending my interview(for a job) on Tuesday because it is atrocious outside. As much as I hate to say this-I am ready for the summer time.
Dude, calm down. It's just Saturday. They have all Sunday and Monday to clear the roads. Skipping out on the job interview would be stupid IMO. Unless you really just don't want the job.

Members don't see this ad :)
My first interview is at SUNY Upstate next week Wednesday. I am praying the snow melts by then.
What job you are interviewing for? Good Luck!
Dietary Aid at a nursing home. My interview is on Tuesday. It will be 43 degrees and raining, but that rain is going to freeze because it the temperature is going to drop back down to below freezing. This is not good. I literally have to call and reschedule because I know I won't be able to get out of this house for a week tops.

Dude, calm down. It's just Saturday. They have all Sunday and Monday to clear the roads. Skipping out on the job interview would be stupid IMO. Unless you really just don't want the job.
Umm, it's going to rain and the temperature is going to drop below freezing making the rain/snow turn to ice.(Monday into Tuesday) Most people who are working at hospitals or nursing homes are staying at the job like my grandmother. She is still at work from yesterday. So what I'm going to do is call and reschedule if this persist(the snow). Oh and I don't have a vehicle which makes this situation 10x worst. Even though I don't catch public transportation, I also forgot to mention that they are closed for the next 48 hours. The least the job can do is be considerate and understanding. I know it sounds messy but hey. And I hope you live in Maryland telling me some calm down, like the snow not up to my neck lmao.

Shoutout to the people who would actually take their time to design their notes like this:
tumblr_nze9csjrGX1ukbahjo3_1280.png

Reactions: 6 users
Dietary Aid at a nursing home. My interview is on Tuesday. It will be 43 degrees and raining, but that rain is going to freeze because it the temperature is going to drop back down to below freezing. This is not good. I literally have to call and reschedule because I know I won't be able to get out of this house for a week tops.
If you live in a house ( vs an apartment building) try to shovel a little bit at a time today and tomorrow before it freezes. I'm getting ready to shovel the steps now. That way when it warms up and rains it will wash the little bit of snow away instead of becoming an ice skating rink.

I don't think New York is getting hit like you guys though.

If you live in a house ( vs an apartment building) try to shovel a little bit at a time today and tomorrow before it freezes. I'm getting ready to shovel the steps now. That way when it warms up and rains it will wash the little bit of snow away instead of becoming an ice skating rink.
Yes, I do it every time, but the snow keeps blowing back on my pathway. Plus I have two-25 lbs salt bags. I shall be fine walking down my pathway but walking in my parking lot will be hell. No one shovels the big parking lot(I live in a court).

Umm, it's going to rain and the temperature is going to drop below freezing making the rain/snow turn to ice.(Monday into Tuesday) Most people who are working at hospitals or nursing homes are staying at the job like my grandmother. She is still at work from yesterday. So what I'm going to do is call and reschedule if this persist(the snow). Oh and I don't have a vehicle which makes this situation 10x worst. Even though I don't catch public transportation, I also forgot to mention that they are closed for the next 48 hours. The least the job can do is be considerate and understanding. I know it sounds messy but hey. And I hope you live in Maryland telling me some calm down, like the snow not up to my neck lmao.
I live in the DMV and also work for a huge medical company in the area... ;) But good plan, go ahead and reschedule. It's supposed to be about 44F and light rain during the day on Tuesday. I can't/wouldn't miss work, so with that being said, I apply the same logic to interviews. Which is why I stated "IMO". But anyway, you not having a car definitely changes the game.

Yes, I do it every time, but the snow keeps blowing back on my pathway. Plus I have two-25 lbs salt bags. I shall be fine walking down my pathway but walking in my parking lot will be hell. No one shovels the big parking lot(I live in a court).
I changed my mind. Just stepped outside for the first time today. I will not be shoveling today! Lol. Going back inside now.

Reactions: 3 users
I changed my mind. Just stepped outside for the first time today. I will not be shoveling today! Lol. Going back inside now.
Lol, I'm telling the snow is like at my neck(i'm over exaggerating just a little, but still)

Meanwhile, I'm laying I'm bed in my apartment, bundled up, and haven't looked out the window yet.

Meanwhile, I'm laying I'm bed in my apartment, bundled up, and haven't looked out the window yet.
That's what I'm getting ready to do now. Maybe watch TV. Hopefully Housewives( Atlanta or potomic reruns) is on or "The Peoples couch". Bye for now.

@sdn I love the new update for the iPhone app!!! I wish the "underrepresented in healthcare" tab worked in the app and didn't force you to go online to view it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

That's what I'm getting ready to do now. Maybe watch TV. Hopefully Housewives( Atlanta or potomic reruns) is on or "The Peoples couch". Bye for now.
How do you like the Potomac ladies? Charisse by far shows the worst character out of all the ladies. She has talked bad about poor people and even middle class people(a hair stylist in particular and she needs one). And I'm so tired of all that etiquette talk. Karen, Robyn, and Giselle are my favorites so far.

What's the Peoples Couch lol. I miss Ms. Nene, hunny! I live for all of her shenanigans and over the top sayings, lol

How do you like the Potomac ladies? Charisse by far shows the worst character out of all the ladies. She has talked bad about poor people and even middle class people(a hair stylist in particular and she needs one). And I'm so tired of all that etiquette talk. Karen, Robyn, and Giselle are my favorites so far.
Charisse is lonely, and swear she's this ish. She probably never had a humbling beginning. What she doesn't know is that majority of the people who are receiving gov't assistance are not even Black. Now check that boo *Phaedra's voice*

Etiquette is important, and should not be ignored. Maybe Giselle had no idea what she was doing was impolite. Someone had to inform her of her wrongdoings. I prefer someone educate me on this issue, so I won't look like a fool, then making me sink with out a life jacket. I can't swim by the way.
I live for Karen's quote, "People come for me all the time, but they could never find me." Yasss!! That's how you end the first episode.
Giselle and Robyn are my favorite, too ;).

How about LHHNY? Tara and dirty Peter Guns feet, lol

Team Giselle!

I had to stop watching LHHNY. I felt my brain cells dying. I'm all for fun but I don't like women acting stupid over men. Who am I kidding, definitely loved me some Jocelyn !

Reactions: 2 users
What's the Peoples Couch lol. I miss Ms. Nene, hunny! I live for all of her shenanigans and over the top sayings, lol

Charisse is lonely, and swear she's this ish. She probably never had a humbling beginning. What she doesn't know is that majority of the people who are receiving gov't assistance are not even Black. Now check that boo *Phaedra's voice*

Etiquette is important, and should not be ignored. Maybe Giselle had no idea what she was doing was impolite. Someone had to inform her of her wrongdoings. I prefer someone educate me on this issue, so I won't look like a fool, then making me sink with out a life jacket. I can't swim by the way.
I live for Karen's quote, "People come for me all the time, but they could never find me." Yasss!! That's how you end the first episode.

How you gonna kick out the person who cooked your crabs for your party?She's the worst so far. At least Karen is funny.

Ok I agree about the etiquette part, but I tell you that Giselle read Karen back like it was her profession. My thing with Charisse is that she called Giselle's hairstylist "the help", like girl do you not know that the black people will drag you for saying that. And yassssss that quote from Karen will forever live in my heart.

How did everyone enjoy Black Ink Crew: Chicago ?

Ok I agree about the etiquette part, but I tell you that Giselle read Karen back like it was her profession. My thing with Charisse is that she called Giselle's hairstylist "the help", like girl do you not know that the black people will drag you for saying that. And yassssss that quote from Karen will forever live in my heart.
And she said " see you in the rear". As she " switched hard" while she walked out of there. Yassss!

I'm going to get off this for a while. I think we " took over " this thread with nonsense stuff. Lol. Talk later. Get back on track people!

Reactions: 2 users
ha! What an elaborate plan.

Teamwork makes the dream work.
LHHNY: I love DJ Self's personality on the radio, but I am not here for his creep squad antics on the show.

We currently have a travel ban in effect, 12 inches of snow and counting, and I'm a commuter that takes public transportation. RIP.
*fingers crossed for class being canceled Monday*

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry for the double post, but I'm really about to give my advisor some "rassclot lick." WHY in every deity's name is this woman trying to get me to switch my major every semester!?
She is worried that I won't be able to fit my pre-med courses in along with my major courses and finish "on time." We both ran the degree audit the last time I saw her and it showed the complete opposite so I'm not sure where this is coming from. She has been pushing me to switch to a hard science major for 2 semesters now and I really don't know how many times I can say no. She is very sweet, but she is giving me a headache. Her tactics may become super effective very soon.

Major switch by advisor attrition?

Also, I love that there are so many black pre-meds around!

Sorry for the double post, but I'm really about to give my advisor some "rassclot lick." WHY in every deity's name is this woman trying to get me to switch my major every semester!?
She is worried that I won't be able to fit my pre-med courses in along with my major courses and finish "on time." We both ran the degree audit the last time I saw her and it showed the complete opposite so I'm not sure where this is coming from. She has been pushing me to switch to a hard science major for 2 semesters now and I really don't know how many times I can say no. She is very sweet, but she is giving me a headache. Her tactics may become super effective very soon.

Major switch by advisor attrition?

Also, I love that there are so many black pre-meds around!

Tell her to gwey and gwan pon her business!
What is your major now? I was a Chem Major in undergrad. I mean why is she pressuring you to switch your major?
I am a part of a Group Me group called Minorities in Medicine and it is pretty cool and inspirational. I am also a part of the NYC crew group me group and some others ;).

Teamwork makes the dream work.
LHHNY: I love DJ Self's personality on the radio, but I am not here for his creep squad antics on the show.

We currently have a travel ban in effect, 12 inches of snow and counting, and I'm a commuter that takes public transportation. RIP.
*fingers crossed for class being canceled Monday*

What radio station is he on?
He gives me Stevie J creep status lol
I don't want to go to work on Monday lol crossing my fingers with you as well

So I haven't watched the show in a long time but I heard Tara is pregnant again. Smh! :sour:
Gurl, I wish I can conk her head with something. My mother always say, "hardest pickney must feel." She is a Side Chick who wants to be the MAIN chick so bad. Many of my urban novels consist of women like Tara! Did you see her pictures when she had on a gold and geisha outfit?

I had to stop watching LHHNY. I felt my brain cells dying. I'm all for fun but I don't like women acting stupid over men. Who am I kidding, definitely loved me some Jocelyn !
I love me some Hoe-solyn. How about Cardi B? She is soooo ughhh! The only thing I love was, FOREVA! They are not killing my brain cells, but let's say I thoroughly enjoy the ratchet television, lol

I'm sorry but she's dumb. He played Tara and Amina like an Xbox One.
I feel sorry for Tara. She is desperate because she's been with Peter for 13 years, and got no RING! Amina is the real MVP! Alimony and child support for Peter's tail.

Giselle was like, I am the librarian, and I came here to read! :)
When she said, anywhere I sit is the baddest place in the building. She slayed and conquered!

How did everyone enjoy Black Ink Crew: Chicago ?
Pssh! I prefer the NY version. I should visit this shop since I am only a borough away.

Terrible guy. And they fall for it.

He is more than terrible. He needs to stop reproducing and use the male birth control switch device.