Black Swan???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carol is Alpha

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
at201614_ensmodel.gif

The models were pretty much in unison at 8am for a track up the seaboard. But now we have this prominent loop de loop popping up and dispersion among the models. And this will be right on top of the Gulf Stream, mother's milk to a storm.

What do we have in Florida? 800+ Wags? Probably a similar number of CVS.

If a Hand of God cat 4 or 5 storm, or even a cat 2 goes up the state, you don't think this will impact operations across the country? Keep in mind a mere tropical storm can knock out power, now imagine a whole state butt-raped by a major cyclone. The lost sales while power is restored over 3+ weeks. What are these chains going to do? Why they will take it out on stores across the country. Hours in California and NY will be cut to make up for Florida losses.

If this is a major storm and it hits just once it will be a depopulating event. If it hits, spins its wheels, loops back around for another pass, forget it. Stick a fork in Florida. It'll be done. Think of the ripple effects in the markets when reinsurers have to liquidate assets. Just what we need right now with the European banks on the brink, China's debt implosion, and DC continuing to provoke Putin.

How does this affect the WBA-RAD deal? You think this might be on hold for now?

This could be the trigger event nobody saw coming.

This is the bread basket for the chains.
CuBBLjsUMAA9Ov4.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I was still in Florida for this. I had volunteered to work on the hurricane team. I wanted to ride a storm out in style, or at the very least check it out from the skywalk.

We almost got hit by one while I was there. I had checked out the book "Five Days at Memorial" in anticipation. It's about the hospital that lost power during Katrina and started euthanizing patients. I thought it would make for some decent conversation.

Anyway, maybe the hurricane will be a huge disaster and people will flee the state in droves. I've been waiting for something to tank the housing market so I can get a piece of property for bargain prices.

The stores will not be allowed to close and must be open to service the Hurricane victims.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mandatory evac for counties on the east coast, no supply of gasoline left.... not looking good for people who waited last minute to get out (today).

I wish I was still in Florida for this. I had volunteered to work on the hurricane team. I wanted to ride a storm out in style, or at the very least check it out from the skywalk.

We almost got hit by one while I was there. I had checked out the book "Five Days at Memorial" in anticipation. It's about the hospital that lost power during Katrina and started euthanizing patients. I thought it would make for some decent conversation.

Anyway, maybe the hurricane will be a huge disaster and people will flee the state in droves. I've been waiting for something to tank the housing market so I can get a piece of property for bargain prices.

Euthanizing patients? First I've heard about this

Euthanizing patients? First I've heard about this
nope - true- I believe there were prosecutions - can't remember the outcome - but considering that the patients were going to die without power for the vents/etc - is was probably the most humane thing