Blog Sharing - Premed and Medical School Blogs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is that you in your avatar? If so, do you wear that helmet to bed, too?

jk nice blog

Members don't see this ad.

I kind of want to start blogging one day, just because I enjoy writing, getting my thoughts out there, and e-communication, but I'm just nervous I won't have anything interesting to say. Especially now as a pre-med. Any tips for an aspiring blogger? :)

Seriously, just write about stuff. The boring stuff will be looked on with fondness later on because it will help you remember just how hard you are working. Your family and friends will appreciate it because they'll be able to stay informed without being afraid to hog your time. Plus, everything gets more interesting as you move along in the process, so it will just get better...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just started a blog as well. I'm applying to a competitive post-bacc and hopefully will start in January!

I'm also a non-trad.

http://phillymedstudent.wordpress.com

I've added a lot of your blogs because they're just so inspirational and will keep me motivated. :) Thanks for all the links!

Wanted to give this thread a bit of a bump from the dead for two reasons....I have enjoyed reading a majority of these and would love to add a few new ones to my Reader, and also I just moved my blog to its own website and would love to hear people's impressions. Check the signature :thumbup:

check mine out, link is in my sig...it focuses on medicine in art

Tsiana and I share a blog. Check out my signature.

^ yay friends :)

mine's in my sig too but it's not just about med school topics

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know if anyone has posted it but this has always been one of my favorites:

http://ahyesmedschool.blogspot.com/

The writer is now a resident and still posts occasionally, but at an extremely reduced rate. Usually funny/irreverent, but every once in a while beautifully poignant.

I think I may start one soon because his has inspired me so much, though I'll probably keep it separate from my sdn handle/real life/anything so that I have a bit more freedom with it.

Ah- I am so happy you posted this!! I LOVED it.

Bump! Such a great resource.

Also, found this blog and thought it was so funny.

For anyone currently on waitlists, this post is hilarious. It epitomizes my worries re:my overusage of SDN...

Last edited:
Just started one last week, so still figuring out how to add pretty pics and what not. Does everybody put up a disclaimer like "I am not endorsing anything and I'm not breaking any dr-pt confidentiality blah blah blah"?? Thanks to everybody for some great reading material!

http://partylikeamedstudent.blogspot.com/

its nice to see and hear so many different perspective and experiences on this crazy long journey

Hey all, I'm a 3rd year med student, and I just started a blog on healthy efficient living as a medical student or healthcare professional. Will be posting 1x/week. Enjoy!

thehealthymedicalstudent.blogspot.com

Hey guys, I'm an incoming first year med student going to school on the AFHPSP dime. If you want to check out my blog it's

tumblr.com/blog/ramblingsofanairforcemedstudent

(I only have one post as of now bc school hasnt started yet, but i promise more to come!)

I'm glad I found this post! I've been looking for more pre-med/ med student blogs to read.

Here is my blog: http://www.mdstateofmind.com/

I am a pre-med student who just graduated from undergrad in May. I had a rough start my freshmen year, ending with a terrible GPA and little motivation to continue this route. However, by my senior year I was taking hard upper level science courses with an excellent GPA. My blog is about how I found the motivation to excel in pre-med, and how I hope to help others who have been struggling in their pre-med years. I am currently taking a gap year and finding ways to turn my short comings into an awesome med school application.

Please read! I also post on other medically related things I find interesting.