Blog Topic of the Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

that redhead

10+ Year Member
Contest Winner!
Reaction score
To keep the writer's block at bay, every week (or whenever anyone feels like it), a new blog topic will be suggested. It can be vet school or veterinary field related or it can be something completely off the wall. Anyone can suggest a topic, not just bloggers! If you're a pre-vet and you want to read people's thoughts on something specific, go ahead and post it here.

If you decide to participate for that topic, post a link on this thread of the post and say what topic you wrote about. You can also link this thread in your blog post if you want :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we want to have a specific day when a new topic is posted? Or should people just post topics and someone (TR?) will just pick one for the week? Or is it just a free for all?

I need guidelines.

Do we want to have a specific day when a new topic is posted? Or should people just post topics and someone (TR?) will just pick one for the week? Or is it just a free for all?

I need guidelines.

I'd like people to be able to post suggestions they'd like to read or write about. Maybe people can post or PM me ideas and I can pick one and post it here once per week?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How about: what career path/specialty are you pursuing, and how did you become interested in it?

I always like to hear how everyone ended up in their chosen fields. :)

I'm considering starting a blog just so I can contribute. This sounds fun!

oooh I am soooo gonna start blogging again now :D

I still don't know. It is only second year.... I still have time to decide this... right? :)

Oh I haven't got a clue either. Which is largely why I like reading about what everyone else is planning. :p

I figured I would just write about which specialties interest me, even though I'm not entirely sure I'll be pursuing any of them.

Just started blogging today! Really wish I would have started in high school or undergrad!

I think the most difficult part of this process is figuring out a title....

arghhh

I think the most difficult part of this process is figuring out a title....

arghhh
ditto! I was staring at the title of my post and just put "derp" because I was too tired to think of anything witty hahah

Well, I've kinda always wanted to start a blog and this thread has been a perfect excuse for me to actually sit down and do it...so....

Here are my catch-up posts!

Week 1 - Vacation: http://saddleforastethoscope.blogspot.ca/2014/02/if-you-could-vacation-anywhere-in-world.html
Week 2 - Speciality: http://saddleforastethoscope.blogspot.ca/2014/02/chosen-specialty.html

I'm trying to think of some topic ideas as well!

Yay :) I've added you to my follow list!

Who has a topic idea for Thursday? I have a couple stashed in the back of my head but wanted to see if anyone else wants to read or write about something in particular.

Alright, I couldn't resist the latest topic, so I've joined in the fun! here's my post ^_^
http://hogwartsvetschool.blogspot.com/2014/02/specialties.html
my blog itself is perhaps a bit early as a vet school blog as I won't be in school til the fall, but I couldn't resist using the blog title, and I figured I'd have stuff to write about in the months approaching school start (~o_o)~

Alright, I couldn't resist the latest topic, so I've joined in the fun! here's my post ^_^
http://hogwartsvetschool.blogspot.com/2014/02/specialties.html
my blog itself is perhaps a bit early as a vet school blog as I won't be in school til the fall, but I couldn't resist using the blog title, and I figured I'd have stuff to write about in the months approaching school start (~o_o)~

Skimmed through your blog post (sorry I don't have a massive attention span to read long posts), but got the general idea of what you are interested in....

Figured you might like this:

https://www.coursera.org/course/animal

You will get similar lectures in the the course, probably your first year, if not second year. But since you are interested you can do the lectures earlier and they are rather straightforward. :)

Skimmed through your blog post (sorry I don't have a massive attention span to read long posts), but got the general idea of what you are interested in....

Figured you might like this:
https://www.coursera.org/course/animal

oo awesome, thanks! I'm definitely signing up for that.
And yah I should probably have warned, I tend to ramble on way too much... >_>

sidenote; sorry for the quick double post, saw your post DVMD just after I replied to redhead's!

oo awesome, thanks! I'm definitely signing up for that.
And yah I should probably have warned, I tend to ramble on way too much... >_>

sidenote; sorry for the quick double post, saw your post DVMD just after I replied to redhead's!

Yeah, you will get to meet the professor next year (or maybe second year, don't know when welfare is covered in 5 year course) and you will get almost identical lectures then, but doesn't hurt to have it twice, especially if you are interested in it. :)

Since no one volunteered, you get stuck with another one of my ideas :)

Tell us about an experience that made you doubt your ability or desire to go into vet med. How did you end up overcoming that doubt?

Since no one volunteered, you get stuck with another one of my ideas :)

Tell us about an experience that made you doubt your ability or desire to go into vet med. How did you end up overcoming that doubt?

Pre- or post-acceptance? Or either?

Or rather....do examples while in school count? lol