Board Certified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pain Applicant1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got notice from big blue that they're planning on reviewing my contract and will take into consideration that I'm not yet board certified in pain. I am certified in my primary specialty but not in pain. The letter makes it appear that they want me certified within 5 years of completing my fellowship. Is this or will it be an issue for me? I know there are lots of you out there who are not board certified so have you had any issues with payors being dipsh#tes.

I knew about the 5 year thing but between me running the practice and a couple of kids on the way, I really don't want to spend the time taking this board exam. Is it necessary and worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

the exam is not that difficult, just take a few weeks off and study you will pass. you will also learn at least a few things that will prove useful. taking time off and studying
was actually very gratifying for me. i first took the exam in 1993, then 2003 then 2013. ain't gonna be another time :)

Reactions: 1 user