board exam results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bomerate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone has any idea when results of General psych certification exam will be out??

Members don't see this ad.

....the waiting after tests is always the hardest part!
although I will say that since finishing residency and starting work I have noticed I have a lot less time to think about it than in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone has any idea when results of General psych certification exam will be out??

It is awailable on Abpn folio if it is let u apply initial examination then fail
Otherwise u can see diplomats status

My ABPN folio hasn't changed since I paid them. I guess that's a bad sign?

Glad to hear I'm maybe not the only one with an unchanged ABPN folio. So conviently, they do provide a list of when they sent out scores in 2012 and 2011: http://www.abpn.com/announcements.html

True, but with it being a relatively new exam (no orals), I'm expecting them to spend more time reviewing results and certain questions to be sure they are the good questions they thought they were.

I think the listings for "Psychiatry" in the first column are for the post-oral style exam.

Last year results were out before thanksgiving. Hoping this year would be next Wednesday or latest the 26th

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't someone say that last year it was Weds before thanksgiving or even thanksgiving day?

Didn't someone say that last year it was Weds before thanksgiving or even thanksgiving day?

I think it was the day before thanksgiving last year, but they also took the exam a week LATER than we did. What's the deal ABPN?? I still think we should be calling and harassing them until they release the scores. You know they have them, they're just being mean.

I think it was the day before thanksgiving last year, but they also took the exam a week LATER than we did. What's the deal ABPN?? I still think we should be calling and harassing them until they release the scores. You know they have them, they're just being mean.

Do they use MS-DOS to run analytics on this test? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It was thanksgiving morning last year that results were released.

They recently upgraded to Windows 3.1, but the dial-up modem is still giving them fits.

Talked to a different someone at ABPN. She says she actually thinks it will be mid-December before our results come out. She said because the scoring is different this year (not having to pass each part separately) it is genuinely taking longer to score and she does not expect results this month. She also said all our sub-specialty board and re-applying hacks are useless because they actually don't know who's passed or not at this moment. So take it for what it's worth :-/

Talked to a different someone at ABPN. She says she actually thinks it will be mid-December before our results come out. She said because the scoring is different this year (not having to pass each part separately) it is genuinely taking longer to score and she does not expect results this month. She also said all our sub-specialty board and re-applying hacks are useless because they actually don't know who's passed or not at this moment. So take it for what it's worth :-/

They did say 8-12 weeks We are at 10 by my mental math.

Also, last year was a new exam too right? No sympathy from me.

Last edited:
it doesn't seem logical that they are taking longer time because now they only have to pass based on total score. It should be vice versa. The only thing I can think of is it is because they have to adjust the score to reach 80% passing rate. If you carefully observe passing rate since new exam it has been dropping every year and the whole point for moving to new system was to improve passing rate. (given that reception didn't make up stuff to avoid callers for few weeks ;))

they say their system is not updated and all that, yet, someone over there updated something in order to allow people to apply to subspecialty exam. I don't think that is automatic is it? (assumed it required some manual input and labor)

I just spoke with the ABPN, and they said the results are not up yet

but some one posted certificate number in other thread, though it says general psychiatry certification date doesn't match with exam date. Something definitely wrong with their system. I also called and they said not till med December.

but some one posted certificate number in other thread, though it says general psychiatry certification date doesn't match with exam date. Something definitely wrong with their system. I also called and they said not till med December.
I told the ABPN that as well, and they confirmed that that was the wrong date.

Sept 26 was Part II oral exam so who ever got results are probably still in old system, if its not system glitch.

This is really torture
tell me about it. i think they are either conducting some sort of facebook-esque mass psychological experiment on us and/or waiting to see who calls, and when enough people call to make the percent fail rate they are looking for, they will arbitrarily fail the people who call. the test itself wasn't any less random that that scenario....

SECRET MEMO: INTERNAL USE ONLY
-------------------------------------------------
Note to all staff: paranoia reaching acceptable levels.
Convene meeting in next 10 days to consider optimal date and time to release scores.

This is really sad that they take that long to release results

What days of the week does ABPN releases results?

my folio site changed today...now it says "pending release of grades." this scares me somehow.

Reactions: 1 user
The ABPN web site "graduate performance" page says it will be back up the week of 12/15. This is where we can see who passed and who failed from our program. Not sure if this is the same as when scores are released, but it would be unlikely that we would be able to see before the candidates find out.

My gut says results come Dec 10. That is the last day I would consider within 12 weeks. Anything later would be missing a 12 week deadline that is already outrageous. Just a feeling.

To me, Dec 10 is missing the deadline. The last day we could take it was Sep 16, so Dec 9 is 12 weeks from then. Not that it matters, they have a monopoly on psych board certification so we'll wait politely regardless, but to me it's still missing the deadline.

To me, Dec 10 is missing the deadline. The last day we could take it was Sep 16, so Dec 9 is 12 weeks from then. Not that it matters, they have a monopoly on psych board certification so we'll wait politely regardless, but to me it's still missing the deadline.

So harsh. Some people finished the exam at 5pm Sept 16 and were then informed of 12 weeks. Can't you give the Abpn until the next business day? :)

Then again 11.5 weeks should be plenty of time. I'd say we could all storm the gates, but I'm afraid all we will find is an 80 year old guy finger typing into DOS. That would just worsen my mood.

So harsh. Some people finished the exam at 5pm Sept 16 and were then informed of 12 weeks. Can't you give the Abpn until the next business day? :)

Then again 11.5 weeks should be plenty of time. I'd say we could all storm the gates, but I'm afraid all we will find is an 80 year old guy finger typing into DOS. That would just worsen my mood.

Obviously like everyone else I will give them as many business days as they take, because what else am I gonna do? :) I'm just saying, if it's being nit picky to hold them to a 12 week deadline, I have a whole host of nit picky questions they can toss to make sure I pass :)

GHHAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Can't....take...it...any...more...

almost $3000 for a test, months of free time eaten up with studying, and they can't even get us our scores when they say they will (I'm in the camp that today, not tomorrow, is 12 weeks). not to mention the whole line of thought about how can it take THIS LONG to score a computerized test, when tests like the GRE and many others spit out your score as soon as you finish???

GHAAAAAAHHHH!!!