Board Review Course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paindoc1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a board review course? I have only heard of two courses: 1. Dannemiller 2. Dr. Jensen Anesthesiology & Pain Board P.R.E.P.

Has anyone heard of anything else? I've heard that the Jensen materials are pretty good so I might buy them and go to the dannemiller course...

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Nalini Seghal's course at UWisc is well recieved I'm told.

Thanks for the info.....emailed Dr. Seghal.

There MUST be someone on this site that took a review course?!!

I have a scholarship to the Dannemiller course so I am going to that one but would like to know if it's worth going to the NY course also?

Some advice would really be great......... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The Wisconsin course is a lesser known gem. It was as good as any in my opinion and about 3 weeks before the test so I felt I had some time to brush up on weaknesses discovered during the review. The only thing it did not cover was neurosurgical ablative procedures but Benzon's essentials has the nitty gritty on what you need to know for the test.

Don't waste your time doing the Pain Review World Tour. Which reminds me...there were some guys at the Wisconsin course who had just finished another course(can't remember which) the week before and they said the Wisconsin course much better.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.....emailed Dr. Seghal.

There MUST be someone on this site that took a review course?!!

I have a scholarship to the Dannemiller course so I am going to that one but would like to know if it's worth going to the NY course also?

Some advice would really be great......... :)

how did you get a scholarship?

I'm going to Dannemiller on the recommendation of my old co-fellow bbmd. It is a week long (probably too long) in Chicago (in August - uggh), but I need the CME hours and I won't study unless I go. Job and family take priority over books any day.

I did the Wisc course in 2013. Very good. Content not quite as comprehensive as Dannemiller DVD I had but absolutely worthwhile.

Check out anesthesiaexam.com, and they are soon releasing ABAstagedExam.com for the residents
I passed MOCA with just Anesthesiaexam.com, and I am a pain doctor

maybe you should provide some free sample subscriptions to your services and let the SDN community review your site