Board Review Material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derminator 2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your board review strategy? I'm interested to know everyone's favorite review book, text book, question sets, etc.

If anyone has any board review material they are willing to exchange, I'm very interested - the old thread with material exchange died a long time ago. I have high quality PDFs of textbooks including Bolognia, Andrews, Hurwitz, Jain, Rapini, Rooks... PM me!

Also - Has anyone had any experience with the Board Vitals qbank? I'm thinking of purchasing.

Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i recommend not sharing those pdfs. if within a program, then probably ok since within the scope of the licensing of the book.

as far as review material, at least at our program there is a composite of 'review' questions. they are not exactly airplane notes as that would be illegal, but I question the ethics of it still since they are relatively close. I'm pretty sure most programs have these questions.

What is your board review strategy? I'm interested to know everyone's favorite review book, text book, question sets, etc.

If anyone has any board review material they are willing to exchange, I'm very interested - the old thread with material exchange died a long time ago. I have high quality PDFs of textbooks including Bolognia, Andrews, Hurwitz, Jain, Rapini, Rooks... PM me!

Also - Has anyone had any experience with the Board Vitals qbank? I'm thinking of purchasing.

Good luck everyone

Favorite review book = Galderma binder

Favorite text book = Andrews

Favorite question sets = Galderma questions

Knowing those stone cold should get you pretty close. I find that's more helpful than attempting to review 6+ textbooks. If you have the time, going through the Bolognia photos and tables is high yield. I don't have too much experience with Hurwitz, Jain, or Rooks. Rapini is a good brief review but I find actually flipping through your program's slide sets to be higher yield. Finally, your program technically shouldn't have airplane notes but if they do, may as well flip through them. There has been a coordinated effort to make the boards photo heavier thereby decreasing the utility of airplane notes.

Members don't see this ad :)

Good luck everyone
I'm just an applicant so my opinion prob means nothing but why not create one Dropbox where you can share material and people can put in their contribution? It's free and if you refer people you get more space added up to 16 gb for free.

I'm just an applicant so my opinion prob means nothing but why not create one Dropbox where you can share material and people can put in their contribution? It's free and if you refer people you get more space added up to 16 gb for free.

b/c sharing published books electronically is a violation of copyright rules.

Yes, please do not share these online. My med school's library has a bunch of books that I'm allowed to have for free. On their page, it basically says "share these, we will find you, then we will wreck you".

I like Jain. With all this stuff to memorize, I like how that book has a bunch of mnemonics and memorization techniques to help.

Yes, please do not share these online. My med school's library has a bunch of books that I'm allowed to have for free. On their page, it basically says "share these, we will find you, then we will wreck you".

I like Jain. With all this stuff to memorize, I like how that book has a bunch of mnemonics and memorization techniques to help.

do the librarians have "a particular set of skills?"