board review..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anesthesiadrew

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
While I may be getting ahead of myself here, what is the best anesthesia board review book available in your opinion? Do you favor the text versions or Q&A with explanation or what? Thanks guys for the informative posts as of lately.

Members don't see this ad.

There are a variety of texts available. I have found the Anesthesia Review book by Faust to be detailed but an easy two week read. Starr's review is OK in its format, but I've had problems with some factually incorrect information in the content and it may be too light in the detail department. Hall & Jones question book is very complete and has good explanations for each answer to each question.

Medtext is too basic. Those are some off the top of my head.

I took and passed the written exam just last year

I found for me.. Starrs format right on the money.............. just memorize that book several times over and you should be able to answer most of the questions.. But you have to memorize the fine details.. such as what is the protein concentration of csf in relation to serum.. what happens in detail to the 5cn when snp gets metabolized. etx.. its in listable tables.. There are some key words that are omitted I found but very few. The book needs to be updated.. I dont think the starr is doing it anymore.. I dont know maybe she is.

hall and jones not representative of the board questions.. dont bother. the board questions are much harder

faust is good for info.. but its not retrievable.. its in free text format.. i needed a review book not another textbook. Infact i still use this book as a reference book.

GET asa retired questions and do t hose.. The asa puts out 5 retired exams from 10 years ago. They sell them... at 10 bucks a pop. i believe.. get those and go over them.. Those are the questions.. Dont study from any other question book. the problem they dont sell you the answers.. what the f___?

anyway

buena suerte