BOLC issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdboybird

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i signed up for BOLC, but depending on the results of an exam at the end of the month ( late may), I might have to take the class over again in the summer ( aka I going to fail it).

How do I get out of BOLC this summer? will they be able to "undo" my orders so close to BOLC time?
Any other advise is helpful, anyone have any idea what will happen?

(( dont say "just dont fail"))
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Edit - Just read your post history. You are already in Med School and commissioned as Med Service or Branch unassigned with HPSP. The day you find out your fail status get hold of your assignments officer or the contact listed on your orders. They can revoke your orders and will schedule you for a later date - likely during one of your future 45 day AD training times along with an elective rotation or vacation from your school. They could also reschedule you for after Med School Graduation but that might cause you to report late to Residency.

Are you already commissioned? Do you already have a Bachelor Degree? Is the course relevant for medical school admission and not graduation? Med Service BOLC or a line BOLC? Is this an Ed Delay from ROTC?

If this course is required for UG graduation you are not eligible to commission so you would not be eligible for BOLC until you graduate. Your commission should be pushed to a later date.

"How do I get out of BOLC this summer?" If NG/Reserve and already commissioned then contact your training NCO to get your orders revoked - you might get lucky. If AD contact your Assignments Officer and get your orders revoked - you might get lucky. "will they be able to "undo" my orders so close to BOLC time?" - maybe

If you are NG/Reserves, your BOLC is other than 70B (Med Service HCA), and you already have your undergraduate degree you might be forced to BOLC in the branch assigned.

If you are scheduled for AD with Ed Delay and need this class to graduate (UG) or for Med School attendance you can take BOLC after your M1 year or later during a school break period with a M3 rotation.

Chances are you won't fail!

Last edited:
Edit - Just read your post history. You are already in Med School and commissioned as Med Service or Branch unassigned with HPSP. The day you find out your fail status get hold of your assignments officer or the contact listed on your orders. They can revoke your orders and will schedule you for a later date - likely during one of your future 45 day AD training times along with an elective rotation or vacation from your school. They could also reschedule you for after Med School Graduation but that might cause you to report late to Residency.

Are you already commissioned? Do you already have a Bachelor Degree? Is the course relevant for medical school admission and not graduation? Med Service BOLC or a line BOLC? Is this an Ed Delay from ROTC?

If this course is required for UG graduation you are not eligible to commission so you would not be eligible for BOLC until you graduate. Your commission should be pushed to a later date.

"How do I get out of BOLC this summer?" If NG/Reserve and already commissioned then contact your training NCO to get your orders revoked - you might get lucky. If AD contact your Assignments Officer and get your orders revoked - you might get lucky. "will they be able to "undo" my orders so close to BOLC time?" - maybe

If you are NG/Reserves, your BOLC is other than 70B (Med Service HCA), and you already have your undergraduate degree you might be forced to BOLC in the branch assigned.

If you are scheduled for AD with Ed Delay and need this class to graduate (UG) or for Med School attendance you can take BOLC after your M1 year or later during a school break period with a M3 rotation.

Chances are you won't fail!

thank you very much!