BOLC module tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RDAtoDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how many attempts we have to pass each of the BOLC quizzes on the MODS website? To be clear, these are the quizzes that test the material learned from the CD sent to us and that have to be done by April 1, in order to attend BOLC on June 6.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how many attempts we have to pass each of the BOLC quizzes on the MODS website? To be clear, these are the quizzes that test the material learned from the CD sent to us and that have to be done by April 1, in order to attend BOLC on June 6.
You can PM USArmyHPSP...he should know.

Hi everyone,

It is my understanding that we have an unlimited number of attempts. We simply have to pass them with 70%. On Module A, I went through the material in a very spread out over time fashion, so it was hard for me to recall it all. I probably took that test 6 times before practically memorizing all the wrong answers and finally got over 70%. The other modules have proven to be much easier, probably because I did each within a day or two.

Members don't see this ad :)
the CD introduction says the module exams are all open book..so just take the exam while having the program running so you can search for the answers. Of course it will take a while but its better than repeating and failing. I passed module A on the first attempt

Yes that's another good point. For some reason, I was [successfully up until this point] using Firefox and it started freaking out and wouldn't let me advance through any of the lessons when I had the test open. It still won't even now w/ or w/o the test open. Managed to switch into IE and it has been working well. Why oh why couldn't they just have made it Mac-compatible... :smack:

For those of you looking at BOLC this summer, did you have to only fill out the ADT application in order to request attendance?

And what does school refer to? It automaticaly fills in when you select the OBLC option 1 or 2.

For those of you looking at BOLC this summer, did you have to only fill out the ADT application in order to request attendance?

And what does school refer to? It automaticaly fills in when you select the OBLC option 1 or 2.

I did the ADT app before i got the CD but the person I spoke to about sending me the CD said I actually have to do the ADT app after I submit my certificates.
I asked the US army hpsp rep person but i dont understand the answer:

US Code, Title 10 states that all HPSP students must (not may) perform 45 days of ADT for each year of participation. This is 45 continuous days. So, 23 days at BOLC (6-28 June) leaves 22 more days that MUST be served by law. Those additional days will be served while at school.

The message that school ADT must be between 17 Aug and 30 Sep is meant for those who are applying for the entire 45 days at school.

Can I ask what certificates you had to submit? I figured at this point my recruiting office had everything they needed from me and would forward the documentation.
Who did you speak with?

Just commissioned yesterday and am completely new at this so please forgive all the questions.

I did the ADT app before i got the CD but the person I spoke to about sending me the CD said I actually have to do the ADT app after I submit my certificates.
I asked the US army hpsp rep person but i dont understand the answer:

US Code, Title 10 states that all HPSP students must (not may) perform 45 days of ADT for each year of participation. This is 45 continuous days. So, 23 days at BOLC (6-28 June) leaves 22 more days that MUST be served by law. Those additional days will be served while at school.

The message that school ADT must be between 17 Aug and 30 Sep is meant for those who are applying for the entire 45 days at school.
The answer you were given just means that you are paid 45 days of active duty pay each year. If you go to an externship or to BOLC, whatever time remains from the 45 days is still paid to you as active duty time, but will be paid while you are back at your school (as oppossed to you having to go someplace and do it).

Can I ask what certificates you had to submit? I figured at this point my recruiting office had everything they needed from me and would forward the documentation.
Who did you speak with?

Just commissioned yesterday and am completely new at this so please forgive all the questions.

You have to tell your recruiter that you are interested in BOLC now so he/she can send you the email telling you what to do. Then you have to call a number to request the distance learning component (the CD I mentioned earlier)

If you want to do BOLC this summer you must complete and pass the 7 modules. Each has a certificate that must be printed and submitted by you. To be considered for the first class they must be in by April 1. Or May 1 for the second class.

Last edited:
The answer you were given just means that you are paid 45 days of active duty pay each year. If you go to an externship or to BOLC, whatever time remains from the 45 days is still paid to you as active duty time, but will be paid while you are back at your school (as oppossed to you having to go someplace and do it).

ok..but the date it gave me is before school starts. I want to select BOLC starting 2013/6/6 but it is automatically setting me up with school 2013/6/29.

So what am I expected to do right after BOLC?

ok..but the date it gave me is before school starts. I want to select BOLC starting 2013/6/6 but it is automatically setting me up with school 2013/6/29.

So what am I expected to do right after BOLC?
Nothing. It is just marking time. It does not matter if the 45 days of active duty time is during school or not. Where they place the start and end date does not matter to you as long as the externiship/BOLC is during the 45 day time.

So, I am furiously trying to get through these BOLC modules before April 1st (I only received this material 2 weeks ago...) and I don't even see the option for how to take the end of the module exams. I can open up and see the lessons in IE9. I have AMEDD BOLC: Intro, AMEDD BOLC Modules A-G. When I expand them I see nothing about module exams. Any tips, suggestion or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you kromer and user101.

So am I on the right track then by filling out and submitting the ADT ? My recruiter is new and I am his first sign on so the process is new to the both of us.

Also user, where were you able to obtain the phone number for requesting the CD material and what are the certificates you referred to above?

Thanks a bunch guys.

Edit: Looks like the Army made a forum linked off of the MODS website for new guys like me... :)

Last edited:
Thank you kromer and user101.

So am I on the right track then by filling out and submitting the ADT ? My recruiter is new and I am his first sign on so the process is new to the both of us.

Also user, where were you able to obtain the phone number for requesting the CD material and what are the certificates you referred to above?

Thanks a bunch guys.

Edit: Looks like the Army made a forum linked off of the MODS website for new guys like me... :)

Call your student advisor: 1-877-633-2769 to request the CD. The certificates are proof that you passed the module.

Thanks, I went ahead and submitted my ADT yesterday and received an email that they sent me the discs. Also got a voicemail from them today in regards to that.

Thanks for the help!

I'm just curious, has anyone scored in the 90s?

I just finished the modules; the highest I got was an 88.

Doing the modules now. it's taking some time. if I dedicate a day to it, then I can finish one module a day. got three more to go.

Are there any other steps we need to be taking after we submit our Certificates? My order status says Application Submitted but I am wondering when we will know any other information.

Are there any other steps we need to be taking after we submit our Certificates? My order status says Application Submitted but I am wondering when we will know any other information.

Not that I know of..A future classmate of mine has already received orders to attend the july class. My student advisor said we will hear back from them whether we are going to BOLC or not but who knows how long that will take.

Which class did you put on the ADT request appilcation?

I requested the BOLC July session. Will give them a call tomorrow.

Do you know when your friend submitted his request? Wonder if they are processing by order which they received.

I requested the BOLC July session. Will give them a call tomorrow.

Do you know when your friend submitted his request? Wonder if they are processing by order which they received.

No I didnt ask him, and sadly I wont see him until August so I cant find out. If you dont get it this year, does your school schedule have sufficient time off to complete BOLC next summer?

No I didnt ask him, and sadly I wont see him until August so I cant find out. If you dont get it this year, does your school schedule have sufficient time off to complete BOLC next summer?

Unfortunately not. If I'm not able to attend I'll have to attend after I graduate Dental School. Would much prefer attending this summer.
I found out today my file has not yet been received by AMEDD because of some paperwork technicality at the battalion. Is there a time limit in regards to my file actually being received like there is for the module certificates? Hoping not :xf:

Unfortunately not. If I'm not able to attend I'll have to attend after I graduate Dental School. Would much prefer attending this summer.
I found out today my file has not yet been received by AMEDD because of some paperwork technicality at the battalion. Is there a time limit in regards to my file actually being received like there is for the module certificates? Hoping not :xf:

idk if there is a limit..but they will send orders to those who have everything completed first. I'm no longer expecting to attend this summer bc my paperwork was held up also. it just got submitted like 2 weeks ago

I ended up calling 877- MED-ARMY today to speak with my counselor and she stated they are still working through the orders for the 1st session. If you submitted 2 weeks ago you likely were able to get a spot. She also said stated it goes by when you submitted the ADT request, not by when your application is complete.

I ended up calling 877- MED-ARMY today to speak with my counselor and she stated they are still working through the orders for the 1st session. If you submitted 2 weeks ago you likely were able to get a spot. She also said stated it goes by when you submitted the ADT request, not by when your application is complete.

ok cool..that's good to know. thank you!

ok cool..that's good to know. thank you!

i just read this on MODS, it's under ADT request:

Early Entry is not guaranteed. You must submit all of your enrollment and commissioning documents through your Local Health Care Recruiter by 15 April to be eligible.

Hmm not sure how they intended that to sentence. I submitted all my documents to my local HCR prior to April 15th. Are they saying they must receive from HCR prior to 4/15? I certainly hope not..

Hmm not sure how they intended that to sentence. I submitted all my documents to my local HCR prior to April 15th. Are they saying they must receive from HCR prior to 4/15? I certainly hope not..

I kept getting emails from MODS when my application was incomplete.
The order goes HCR-> Recruiting Command -> HPSP office

the hpsp office is where they start/finalize our entitlements; I think everything had to be in by the 15th and may 1 deadline is for the modules

anyone know where/who to contact to get the bolc cd? i'm a 2nd year HPSP'er and i've been bugging my rep in california for one for like 6 months now to no avail...

anyone know where/who to contact to get the bolc cd? i'm a 2nd year HPSP'er and i've been bugging my rep in california for one for like 6 months now to no avail...

For all things Army HPSP, your starting point is the Student Management Office at 1-877-MED-ARMY. They will tell you who to contact should you have a need that they don't cover - but start with them. Basically after you have been offered and accepted the scholarship and your packet is at the HPSP office, you should have little contact with the recruiters.

For BOLC, HRC has been given the go-ahead to start issuing orders. It is anticipated that everyone should have their orders in the next two to three weeks. If you are going to the June course and have not received your orders by 15 May, contact the HPSP office at the above number. If you applied and have not turned in your certificates, there is a very good chance you will not be going. Get the certificates to the HPSP office ASAP before they give away your seat. If you are receiving an automated email stating that your packet has not been received. Get on your recruiter to find out where it's at.

One final note: SDN can be helpful, and it can be hurtful. Many of the answers here are given by well meaning folks who don't realize that the rules have changed or are simply guessing using a logic that does not conform to the Army's logic. The Student Advisors at the HPSP office are not trolls who live under a bridge and want to eat your children. They realize that their jobs depend on helping and advising you. I can't stress enough that if you have questions to call the office. If they don't help, PM me,

USArmy HPSP

on the MODS site for student status what does it say under "enrollment status" and "early entry" ?

mine says Records Verified/Entitlements Authorized and Yes

is it possible to be selected without first receiving orders? Not exactly sure what that yes means :confused:

Mine still lists No under Record received from recruiter. Early entry yes.
I assume the paperwork delay is why this still says no. Per my very helpful AMEDD counselor:
"BOLC for early entry is on a first come basis.  If there are still slots available when we receive your packet; you will be able to attend.  You still have a chance."

I just hope everything they told me they mailed off to Ft Knox is in order and will rectify this... :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Mine still lists No under Record received from recruiter. Early entry yes.
I assume the paperwork delay is why this still says no. Per my very helpful AMEDD counselor:
"BOLC for early entry is on a first come basis. *If there are still slots available when we receive your packet; you will be able to attend. *You still have a chance."

I just hope everything they told me they mailed off to Ft Knox is in order and will rectify this... :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

If it states that your record has not been received, then OFFICIALLY you are not yet in the Program. If you are not in the Program you can not attend BOLC because there is no mechanism generate your orders or pay you.

Best advise: Get in touch with your Recruiter. 99.9% of the time the reason a packet is held up is because there is something missing or filled out incorrectly. Ask the recruiter if he has any "call outs" on your packet. That's the term the recruiters use.

As far as what the adivsor said, it's technically correct. Add to that the HPSP advisors are not allowed to put pressure on Fort Knox to get a certain packet to them ahead of any others. Trust me, the student advisors want everyone to go to BOLC ASAP. The foks at Fort Knox do not fall under the HPSP office command and they prioritize their workload based on feedback from the recruiters in the field. So, all things lead back to the recruiter and his command. If you feel he is not giving you the correct amount of attention, then he has a boss and you can ask to speak with that person.

on the MODS site for student status what does it say under "enrollment status" and "early entry" ?

mine says Records Verified/Entitlements Authorized and Yes

is it possible to be selected without first receiving orders? Not exactly sure what that yes means :confused:

Records Verified/Entitlements Authorized means your packet has been received you are a part of the program. The yes under early entry means that you have requested to attend BOLC prior to the normal scholarship start date (usually the first day of classes). That particular block is more for the HPSP office than you. It alerts them that regardless of your class start date, your packet needs to be processed in the HPSP office as a priority.

You can check the status of your orders by clicking on Reports, ADT Status on MODS.

Applicatioin Submited = You have requested an ADT
Coordinatore Approved = Ms. Flores has approved your request
Orders Requested = the HPSP office has sent your request to HRC to release your orders
Processing = HRC is working on creating and sending out your orders
Completed = you can now go to your AKO email to get your orders

Now, for anyone that has any further questions about BOLC there is a link to the BOLC website on MODS under the General Info menu that says Training Location Links. There you will find a welcome letter and packing list.

If it states that your record has not been received, then OFFICIALLY you are not yet in the Program. If you are not in the Program you can not attend BOLC because there is no mechanism generate your orders or pay you.

Best advise: Get in touch with your Recruiter. 99.9% of the time the reason a packet is held up is because there is something missing or filled out incorrectly. Ask the recruiter if he has any "call outs" on your packet. That's the term the recruiters use.

As far as what the adivsor said, it's technically correct. Add to that the HPSP advisors are not allowed to put pressure on Fort Knox to get a certain packet to them ahead of any others. Trust me, the student advisors want everyone to go to BOLC ASAP. The foks at Fort Knox do not fall under the HPSP office command and they prioritize their workload based on feedback from the recruiters in the field. So, all things lead back to the recruiter and his command. If you feel he is not giving you the correct amount of attention, then he has a boss and you can ask to speak with that person.

Thank you very much for this info and feedback.
I received a new recruiter and so have been trying to be understanding of the steep learning curve. I have however been asking him about the incomplete packet emails I have been receiving for the last month now.
Everyone I spoke with last week at my HRC regarding this delay sounds to believe everything is in order and recitified.

Do you happen to know how quick Ft. Knox is to usually get these records out to HPSP command? Is my recruiter able to prioritize my packet?

They place a priority on those who are reqeusting BOLC. Past that, the records are prioritized based on class start date in order to get everyone paid as soon as possible.

Records Verified/Entitlements Authorized means your packet has been received you are a part of the program. The yes under early entry means that you have requested to attend BOLC prior to the normal scholarship start date (usually the first day of classes). That particular block is more for the HPSP office than you. It alerts them that regardless of your class start date, your packet needs to be processed in the HPSP office as a priority.

You can check the status of your orders by clicking on Reports, ADT Status on MODS.

Applicatioin Submited = You have requested an ADT
Coordinatore Approved = Ms. Flores has approved your request
Orders Requested = the HPSP office has sent your request to HRC to release your orders
Processing = HRC is working on creating and sending out your orders
Completed = you can now go to your AKO email to get your orders

Now, for anyone that has any further questions about BOLC there is a link to the BOLC website on MODS under the General Info menu that says Training Location Links. There you will find a welcome letter and packing list.

This was very helpful! I'm feeling much better now because my status was just updated to 'orders requested' :D