Army BOLC Physical Fitness Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihatepremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm heading over to BOLC this summer as a new USUHS student and was wondering what happens if you fail the physical fitness test. I'm currently struggling on my 2 mile run and am worried I'll not improve enough in time. Will I still be able to attend USUHS in the fall and take the PT test again later? or will I be kicked out?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

You won't get kicked out. You just will do remedial PT with the scores of others that did not pass the initial diagnostic PT test, rather than get to do some Combatives training. By the end of OBC, you definitely should be able to pass. None of the tests are actual record tests, despite what the instructors will tell you.

You won't get kicked out. You just will do remedial PT with the scores of others that did not pass the initial diagnostic PT test, rather than get to do some Combatives training. By the end of OBC, you definitely should be able to pass. None of the tests are actual record tests, despite what the instructors will tell you.

This is true. There were a few kids in my platoon that were USUHS and didn't pass the APFT. They did remedial PT and ended up passing by the end of BOLC.

There were a ton of people that didn't pass when I went to BOLC, so don't feel too bad about it. Just keep trying to get your time down.

Honestly if you can even squeak past the pt standards, you'd be doing yourself a favor. Remedial pt is early and looked like it sucked..