Bolognia Review Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmpierni77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finishing up TY year now and starting to accumulate all the materials for starting Derm in July. I am looking over Bolognia and can't see myself really reading and digesting this. I have looked at all the other books (Andrew's, Rook, etc.). I know Jain and Galderma are good for review/board studying, but has anyone created their own notes for Bolognia? Know someone who has? I am looking for bullet points for each chapter/disease, not written like a text book. This could be in pdf, doc, or powerpoint form. Similar to notes that were passed around for lectures in medical school. I know a lot of programs have Bolognia reviews and I thought their might be someone out there that has done something like this for themselves or program and would be willing to share. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also, I have bought and reviewed Requisites in Dermatology and Derm Essentials (Bolognia light). I hate the way textbooks are written.

Also, I have bought and reviewed Requisites in Dermatology and Derm Essentials (Bolognia light). I hate the way textbooks are written.

Dude. Chill out. You have all of derm residency to be this neurotic. Just get through intern year.

Members don't see this ad :)

Has anyone found Derm Essentials useful if you already have big Bolognia? Derm essentials is over 1000 pages, seems like it would still be pretty heavy to carry around.

Also any comments on Requisites in Dermatology?

I'd like a somewhat comprehensive book to have in a bag but not too big.

I found Bolognia to be very easy to read personally. The tables/charts/kodachromes are all money. But everyone has a different learning style so do whatever works for you - but would at least look at all tables/figures/kodachromes in Bolognia. I personally outlined some of the chapters in evernote but it is def not comprehensive.

I don't think Andrews a good first year text IMO - more for an advanced reader.

Last edited: