Bombed EK FL, Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhoenixAZ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just completed EL FL#1 on Tuesday and bombed it (low 50% for C/P and Bio, high 70% for CARS and Psych, with overall at 63%). I have been taking Kaplan and scored over 500 for 5 of the Kaplan FL. Based on what I read here, I though I was doing well and was on the right track. I have been studying with confidence in the past month because of that. Since the EK FL disaster on Tuesday, I have lost confidence and cannot focus on my study - just worry sick about the prospect of taking the real thing. I am taking the test in less than 3 weeks (Friday 7/17) and I am now very worried. What should I do? Should I postpone (I really prefer not)? Any advice will be very much appreciated. If someone can share your experience taking EL FL, esp. Those who have already taken the real thing, I would appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I'm in a similar situation. I just finished EK FL #1 and got ~60% overall (same score on all sections). I've been seeing that people who score ~70% on the practices FL generally do well on the real thing (can anyone who has written their MCAT confirm this?), but I would also like more information on how to gauge EK vs AAMC. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

I just completed EL FL#1 on Tuesday and bombed it (low 50% for C/P and Bio, high 70% for CARS and Psych, with overall at 63%). I have been taking Kaplan and scored over 500 for 5 of the Kaplan FL. Based on what I read here, I though I was doing well and was on the right track. I have been studying with confidence in the past month because of that. Since the EK FL disaster on Tuesday, I have lost confidence and cannot focus on my study - just worry sick about the prospect of taking the real thing. I am taking the test in less than 3 weeks (Friday 7/17) and I am now very worried. What should I do? Should I postpone (I really prefer not)? Any advice will be very much appreciated. If someone can share your experience taking EL FL, esp. Those who have already taken the real thing, I would appreciate it.

Stopped reading there, you are fine.

Reactions: 1 users