Bombed Section Bank, Time to Worry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunyDom123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I''ve been through a couple of the section bank tests. The b/b I scored 61% and the che/phy I scored 51%. Che/Phy is definitely my worst subject from my full lengths, but some of the stuff I saw on the section banks was pretty nuts.

Besides the fact that well over 50% of the che/phy was biochem, the level of detail of knowledge on some of the topics, Cellular metabolism for ex., was exactly what the my EK books said it wouldn't be (knowing all the enzymes in Kreb's Cycle, knowing nucleotide structures, etc.). These scores definitely have put me off.

My test is scheduled for the 25th in a few weeks, would it be a good idea to reschedule for September? Or am I overreacting about these scores?

Members don't see this ad.

No need to worry. Do the best work you can this next couple of weeks and if you're still far from your target score just postpone! Remember don't take the MCAT until you feel absolutely ready.

Get some high yield studying done from the SBs. Identify your weak areas, strengthen up your content, and knock out a few more FLs by test date!

What FL's would you recommend? I've done 3 from Kaplan and 2 from EK. I haven't done the AAMC yet because I wanted to have those be my last exams, but from what I'm seeing, the test seems far more analytically based than memory based. I think EK was hard as hell but at least focused on experimentally based passages

What FL's would you recommend? I've done 3 from Kaplan and 2 from EK. I haven't done the AAMC yet because I wanted to have those be my last exams, but from what I'm seeing, the test seems far more analytically based than memory based. I think EK was hard as hell but at least focused on experimentally based passages

NS!