bombed step 2 ck NOW WHAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azipropofol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
step 1 was 235, 2ck score today reads 208. Did I just kill my chances at matching at awesome programs?

I am an otherwise solid candidate - no red flags, good anesthesia research, ECs.

Members don't see this ad.

step 1 was 235, 2ck score today reads 208. Did I just kill my chances at matching at awesome programs?

I am an otherwise solid candidate - no red flags, good anesthesia research, ECs.

Just come up with a good response for why you bombed.

Can you still withhold your Step 2 scores? That might be an option. Your Step 1 is great, but where I did my residency, the major change in scores would unfortunately be looked at as a negative.

Have you talked to your home residency program's director on his/her take on how to best approach this?

I don't think you've eliminated your chances, but you'll have some explaining to do.

Good luck with things!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's family practice for you my friend.

Most programs don't require you to take Step 2 CK by match --- so I would say, don't release and don't sweat it.

There are going to be a few programs that might want a CK score, but those are few and far between - you have a strong step 1 score that will get your foot in the door to interview. A lot of people don't take CK until after rank lists are in.

Most programs don't require you to take Step 2 CK by match --- so I would say, don't release and don't sweat it.

There are going to be a few programs that might want a CK score, but those are few and far between - you have a strong step 1 score that will get your foot in the door to interview. A lot of people don't take CK until after rank lists are in.

Might need CK for prelim medicine spots

Thanks for the reply guys. Spoke to an advisor and it seems I should be fine although I will have to do some explaining if it comes up during interviews. I appreciate your help.

Guys do programs require my step 2 ck to rank me? What do you think I should do in terms of when to release this score?

Guys do programs require my step 2 ck to rank me? What do you think I should do in terms of when to release this score?

I'ts program by program, some do, some don't. Check with wherever you end up interviewing.

it's better to submit and explain vs them finding out just before the rank lists are submitted and them not having an explanation and being like "screw it, lets drop him a few spots since this was never addressed, can't take the risk"

hey azipropofol, any updates? when did you decide to release the scores and how did things work out for you? i'm in the same boat... step 2 lower than step 1.

Could easily get into an awesome program with those scores......maybe even a top 5 program if you're coming from a top 5 med school.