Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

books for usmle step1?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by wes87, 05.14.12.

1. wes87

wes87

Medical Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi everyone,
    I'm from india and i am preparing for usmle step 1 since last month,I've been using the kaplan medical series lecture DVDs and notes to study.can you just tell me any other books that are required for getting a good score in step 1?
  2. RedSoxSuck

RedSoxSuck

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Resources for step 1:

First aid (can be purchased from amazon.com), usmle world question bank, rapid review pathology, pathoma from pathoma.com. These resources are a must.

Supplemental material: BRS physiology, another question bank such as usmlerx from usmlerx.com or Kaplan question bank.
  3. wes87

wes87

Medical Student
    @RedSoxSuck: Thanks for the list,they all seem to be pretty good books ,i'll try to get them ASAP
  4. Convalaria

Convalaria

Medical Student
    When you buy new FA you will see the section of top-rated review resources at the very end.
    I used it as guidance.
  5. HafDoc

HafDoc

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Awesome. Is it worth going through Kaplan Lecture Notes? What is a good video lecture series to watch?
  6. GTP

GTP

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Is the three month supply of Pathoma sufficient?
  7. RedSoxSuck

RedSoxSuck

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Sure. Because first of all you need to watch all the lectures and make sure to annotate appropriate information into the book. This way you won't have to re watch any of the videos. Even if you do, you will have plenty of time to do so.
  8. wes87

wes87

Medical Student
    Got my copy of FA today along with BRS physiology:). i also saw the top rated review resources at the back of my FA and it seems to help me a lot in getting my books for step1.
  9. GTP

GTP

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thank you. I has trouble with the mcat so I want to start studying for this earlier. What do you think of the following materials? Too much?

Uworld 2-3x
    Com bank-for comlex
    Rx
    Kaplan Q bank
    DIT
    Goljan and rr path
    Nbme
    Pathoma
  10. emilda

emilda

Resident [Any Field]
    hi everyone i'm from israel. i want to prepare USMLE STEP 1. but i have no idea about the books i need to buy! can some one give me a list of the books that i need to study?! the question books please. thanks

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal