Boston University 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey. i got an under review email early in dec. had applied late october. havent received any input regarding interview. getting a bit tensed. anyone knows if they have sent out interviews for jan 23 onwards?
Don't worry if you have good stats you will get the call. Even people applying in dec. are getting i.v calls. I applied in 1st week of Oct. and have not heard anything as yet after that, not even an "under review" email.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry if you have good stats you will get the call. Even people applying in dec. are getting i.v calls. I applied in 1st week of Oct. and have not heard anything as yet after that, not even an "under review" email.
okay. thats still scary. any idea how many seats left? Maybe you should try emailing Mr. Kahan once and inquire about your status. I kept doing that a couple of times thats why i think I got an under review quickly..

Though im still worried because interviews are only till feb mostly and if im supposed to interview in feb i should be getting an email for it this month.. which i havent so far..

Totally stressing here!

okay. thats still scary. any idea how many seats left? Maybe you should try emailing Mr. Kahan once and inquire about your status. I kept doing that a couple of times thats why i think I got an under review quickly..

Though im still worried because interviews are only till feb mostly and if im supposed to interview in feb i should be getting an email for it this month.. which i havent so far..

Totally stressing here!
I guess their seats are filled up...may b thats why they are nt giving out any interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
NOOOO take that back! :p
So sorry...didnt mean to dishearten anyone..including me..lol...but I cant understand why they are nt handing out new interviews....thats all...til now heard that interviews are till 16...thats funny
..cos they hav to notify the applicant a month early...anyways. .no more assumptions...lets all justhope and pray. ..

So sorry...didnt mean to dishearten anyone..including me..lol...but I cant understand why they are nt handing out new interviews....thats all...til now heard that interviews are till 16...thats funny
..cos they hav to notify the applicant a month early...anyways. .no more assumptions...lets all justhope and pray. ..
Someone on fb heard back in Dec for an intv in feb...feb 9th or 11th...not sure...

any idea about the time taken by BU to send out acceptance letters after interview is done:nailbiting:

any idea about the time taken by BU to send out acceptance letters after interview is done:nailbiting:

The time for acceptance letter/news varies.

I got my acceptance about 12hours after the interview. I've stories of acceptance within 4hours,day, weeks and even months after interview.

The most important is that you pray and hope the acceptance letter comes.

The time for acceptance letter/news varies.

I got my acceptance about 12hours after the interview. I've stories of acceptance within 4hours,day, weeks and even months after interview.

The most important is that you pray and hope the acceptance letter comes.

Hey ionomer! Congrats on getting in! Would you mind telling us When you interviewed at BU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ionomer, Congrats!! Would you mind telling us your stats.. will help most of us know if we get invitation for interview at BU?

Dear VJDDS,

To start with, if you get an interview, than you stand an equal chance of being accepted because the interview is so much a relaxed one. Its about your journey in dentisty so far and there's nothing that will elude you or catch you by surprise.

My stat:
18 months OMFS residency back home (didn't finish)
16 months dental assisting in California
Masters at UCSF
A UCSF sponsored Research in the Philippines on caries prevention in children
Currently, dental public health residency at UCSF
NDBE part 1 only
TOEFL above 100

Dear ionomer,
Thanks for the reply.

I believe no luck for me, no hopes this year

NDBE part 1
TOEFL above 100
6 months observership in US
8 months as dental assistant in California
CDA certified
couple of Dental camps back home
2 years of experience back home.

Did you come across anyone with close to my stats and got in??

Thanks again and all the best for ur future.

Dear ionomer,
Thanks for the reply.

I believe no luck for me, no hopes this year

NDBE part 1
TOEFL above 100
6 months observership in US
8 months as dental assistant in California
CDA certified
couple of Dental camps back home
2 years of experience back home.

Did you come across anyone with close to my stats and got in??

Thanks again and all the best for ur future.

Don't feel that way VJDDS.

During my interview, the Advance standing student that took us on the tour of the BU school said she finished her degree late from India, her part 1 was not until late into Dec. and submitted on the very last day of the application cycle for that year.

BU was the only school she was able to apply to. She got an interview in February and obvious you know the result- she was accepted into the program. I think everyone stand a good chance.

Good luck VJDDS and everyone out there.

Don't feel that way VJDDS.

During my interview, the Advance standing student that took us on the tour of the BU school said she finished her degree late from India, her part 1 was not until late into Dec. and submitted on the very last day of the application cycle for that year.

BU was the only school she was able to apply to. She got an interview in February and obvious you know the result- she was accepted into the program. I think everyone stand a good chance.

Good luck VJDDS and everyone out there.

Thank you for your encouraging words, hope we get the chance.

Hi,
I got under review email today.

I didn't get an interview, just an under review email... and my stats are nothing special, part one done/ gpa 3.7/ toefl 115/ some research and shadowing as well. hoping for an interview, applied in mid december

Hi can u plz share ur stats. would also like to know when u applied

Hi,

I applied in mid December. My stats : NBDE 1 & 2, MDS from India, research and shadowing experience, and Toefl 97.

Has anyone received acceptance email recently. Plz post the date of email and interview date.

Thanks!

I am happy to get acceptance from Boston..

Reactions: 3 users
I am happy to get acceptance from Boston..

Congrats Doc..Could you please tell when did you receive your under review mail, interview mail and then date of your interview.. My application is under review..so this will give me some hope...Thanks and all the best!

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get an interview, just an under review email... and my stats are nothing special, part one done/ gpa 3.7/ toefl 115/ some research and shadowing as well. hoping for an interview, applied in mid december
Hey. Did u receive any update after that .please reply

Hi,

I applied in mid December. My stats : NBDE 1 & 2, MDS from India, research and shadowing experience, and Toefl 97.
Please may I know if you receive any update after that

Hey. Did u receive any update after that .please reply
nothing yet, I heard that more people got under review yesterday,but have not seen anything about interviews. Does getting under review quickly mean anything? Anyways, I'm going to concentrate more on the next cycle.

Please may I know if you receive any update after that

Nopes, only under review email last week..no updates..my stats 3.47 gpa, toefl 105, part 1 only with 1 year teaching exp, and 2 yr on job..

Good luck, hope everything works out. This cycle is definitely stressful.

No one in this forum got any interview calls for the month of feb? Guys please post, and give us some hope..

Wonder if someone ever got a call for interview who received underreview so late. Please share if someone who received underreview in January has got interview call. Thanks

Wonder if someone ever got a call for interview who received underreview so late. Please share if someone who received underreview in January has got interview call. Thanks

No response after under review email..It seems so quiet now.

I guess this should be the only week when we can expect a call.. I wonder if they are also excited about "Super Bowl" 2014 and we should keep our fingers cross, if could hear from them early next week....otherwise we have to wait till some one decline and they might think of giving us a call...

I guess this should be the only week when we can expect a call.. I wonder if they are also excited about "Super Bowl" 2014 and we should keep our fingers cross, if could hear from them early next week....otherwise we have to wait till some one decline and they might think of giving us a call...

Guys pls have patience..dr Kahan had clearly mentioned in the under review e mail, that invitations for interview will be held till March ...he cannot lie...so I guess all who received that under review e mail this month, may get an interview call..few if not all!

Tired of checking my email again and again. Received my under review email in spams.

Reactions: 1 users
I got it in my promotion folder ...lol

Reactions: 1 users
Tired of checking my email again and again. Received my under review email in spams.
same here~ Im constantly checking my email! my mom thinks i have ocd.

i wonder how long they are gonna take . i too check almost every hour :(

Hello everyone,

When did Boston offer the acceptances last. Nobody has posted any acceptances that were received recently. Please share your interview dates and acceptance dates as well. It will be of great help.

Thanks!:)

Did anyone got any acceptance or rejections recently. Any interviews. When do they send out Rejections or interviews

Did anyone got any acceptance or rejections recently. Any interviews. When do they send out Rejections or interviews

No news..all silent...
I think I read it somewhere in this forum that interviews will continue till Feb end and rejections will be notified after that, so I assume in March..