Boston University Dental School SCAM!

Should BU Dental remain accredited?

• Total voters

BUSCAM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
BU Dental school is a complete joke. By far the worse in the country, everyone laughing at them. Here is some insight. If you get into no school but BU Dental, take a year off and build up your resume more and reapply again next year to other places.

You will gain no dental experience at all whatsoever, the only thing you will gain is a ton of loans, and how to navigate through a chaotic system to survive. That's all BU Dental teaches. They lure students in without telling you that you will only do 1 root canal at best. You will be completely incompetent. Majority of their students cant graduate on time and have to stay 1 extra semester. They don't communicate this upon acceptance. They paint a rosy picture and totally scam these poor students that have no idea what they are entering.

Their lack of resources, will result in bringing out the worse in you and others. You will be forced to do things you never imagined and forget about any honor. They encourage dishonesty. The most successful students there are the worse kind of people in the world. But it is a system that rewards dishonesty and punishes honesty. By the time you get out of there, your personality will be intolerable. Pushy, lying, delusional..... that's the only way to success. Your lack of regard for humanity will be your biggest asset to succeed there.

Over crowded, lack of chairs, just a big mess. Unless you want to become a charlatan by the end of your studies, keep your pride and don't enter this nightmare of a school.

They really should lose their accreditation, and stop causing more harm to both patients and students.

Members don't see this ad.

first post? :/

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at BU. Although I have heard a few students who did mention the lack of chairs problem...

Can you elaborate more on the dishonesty thing?

Its not my experience. It's the reality there. yes I can surely elaborate. Watch what happens to humans in desperate situations. If you think you could do this with dignity you are highly mistaken, you will get no where. Get used to paying homeless people to meet your requirements and scouting for them at nights. Get used to stealing patients from your friends and screwing them over, and be ready to be screwed by them. get used to the pretty girls getting better patient selection. Favoritism is an absolute reality at BU. Get used to instructors giving you the worse advice such as just do what ever you have to do to graduate. Also practice forging signatures, many students do that to graduate on time, and it sucks that these poor kids were put in those terrible conditions.
Be prepared to go book an appointment, and seeing that it is all booked for the next 2 weeks, nothing available, and just check back next week again. Many students skip class and overbook more than they need. It is an absolute mess there. I have never seen humans behave that way.
Get used to becoming the worse person you can possibly be. I am serious, it will happen. back stabbing is a culture there.
If you have problem with getting appointments, they will just send you to the school psychologist to intimidate you that the problem is from you instead of doing anything. They might ask you to humiliate yourself and go to them with special requests. But that shouldn't be the case, you shouldn't have to go beg for an extra chair with that high tuition. They make it very clear that the students there are simply their personal piggy banks, and it is to their advantage to make sure you stay 1 extra semester for more money. They try to get you out of their way during APEX because they are so overbooked.

It is honestly like a Nazi camp out there how they run things. Get used to classmates breaking down into tears. It is so unnecessary these experiences. But they are typical expectations of that program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have actually heard about students having to pay patients etc, but I didn't know it was so bad O_O I was already iffy about applying there and this is making me question the school even more..

Someone recently fired, or a boy/girlfriend or spouse of a student who failed out?
Actually, what the OP is saying might be true. Others have posted on their dissatisfactions about the school before.

It doesn't seem legit because the dental students don't actually book their own patients............ Anyone who is at BU knows that they just switched to Group Practice in which dental students no longer book or find their own patients. Check your facts.

Reactions: 2 users
I have actually heard about students having to pay patients etc, but I didn't know it was so bad O_O I was already iffy about applying there and this is making me question the school even more..
Actually, what the OP is saying might be true. Others have posted on their dissatisfactions about the school before.
Yea... real legit. I'm in clinic here and have none of the problems this guy did. Almost nobody still stays behind an extra semester. This year is pretty much on track to get out on graduation day, so it's unfortunate that someone who didn't get enough work done on time is taking it out on the school.

Reactions: 1 users
lack of chair situation? lol it COULD happen ... and in any school... lol everyone still graduates with more than just full requirements

Hello, can any one help me to get extracted teeth. I am in real need. Thanks!

Hello, can any one help me to get extracted teeth. I am in real need. Thanks!
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1420893591.136985.jpg

Reactions: 1 user