Boston University?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATX04UT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a quick question for those of you getting interviews already for Boston University...I got a letter in the mail today saying that all completed applications will be reviewed after October 20, 2004. How can that be if people are already getting interviews? I had everything complete for about a week now...I was wondering what that says....hummm?? THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

I smell something fishy as well????

I got that exact same letter. I thought it was weird that it was dated for October 20th as well.

HD :thumbup:

i think there is different dates they start reviewing applications they have cycles of say 1000 application per cycle if they already reached that number then yours will be in the next cycle the admissions board meets only a number of times which is when they review applications and a certain number of them each time. nothing really fishy

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, i received the notice asking for the app fee and that all completed applications will be reviewed after october 8th, then two days later I get a interview invitation letter.

i don't like how they're scheduling your interviews for you, especially out so late.

they set mine for beginning of january, but my question is, what if you already start getting acceptances come december? then again, that's also a good way for them to weed out the applicant pool of people who aren't hardcore about going there.

vandy_yankee said:
i don't like how they're scheduling your interviews for you, especially out so late.

they set mine for beginning of january, but my question is, what if you already start getting acceptances come december? then again, that's also a good way for them to weed out the applicant pool of people who aren't hardcore about going there.

they sent my interview for beginning of january, too. that kind of sucks because i have an interview at another school as early as october, and IF i do get accepted there, then there is a chance that i receive my acceptance letter in early december. i believe most schools only allow 30 days for an applicant to hold a seat and so if get accepted to a school on dec. 1 and my interview at bu is in early jan, then what am i supposed to do? and, it's not so much that i'm not hardcore about going to bu- it's that i'll face a dilemma- i either have to pay a non-refundable fee of over $1000 to hold a seat at the school i'm accepted to early (once again, IF i'm accepted), or turn down their offer and attend bu's interview where there is no guarantee that i will even be accepted. well, i guess another option is that if i am really hardcore about attending bu and if I am accepted there, then i would be willing to forfeit the $1000 i paid to the other school. this is a high-stakes gamble...

i should first focus on my oct. interview and focus on getting accepted.