Brainstorming for PS - Advice!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colbora

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats on your good MCAT score. You should wait until next year in order to have a competitive application. Being early is a big part of being competitive. I would think that your involvement with CF fundraising and hospital volunteering is the most interesting part that tells why you want to be a doctor, but if you are patient and wait to submit next year, you will have a lot of time to make a great PS.

Next year.

I was complete at schools last week and I felt late, couldn't imagine submitting my primary this late.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your good MCAT score. You should wait until next year in order to have a competitive application. Being early is a big part of being competitive. I would think that your involvement with CF fundraising and hospital volunteering is the most interesting part that tells why you want to be a doctor, but if you are patient and wait to submit next year, you will have a lot of time to make a great PS.

Thanks for the advice, though I do believe you may be right about being less competitive I will still be applying this cycle. And next if I don't get invited to an interview!

I am also in Canada applying to a Canadian School.

Thanks for the advice, though I do believe you may be right about being less competitive I will still be applying this cycle. And next if I don't get invited to an interview!

I am also in Canada applying to a Canadian School.

I'm Canadian too, believe me we have to be early to have a chance in the US. And you DON'T wanna be a reapplicant.

Dal is due in 2 weeks, UBC 2 after than and OMSAS in 2 more. Crush those instead of working on a super late primary.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm Canadian too, believe me we have to be early to have a chance in the US. And you DON'T wanna be a reapplicant.

Dal is due in 2 weeks, UBC 2 after than and OMSAS in 2 more. Crush those instead of working on a super late primary.

Yeah I'm only applying to Canadian schools. Specifically dal and Ontario. Will be submitting for Dal next week. I may be naive but I don't believe being a reapplicant is a bad thing. If you take what you learned and improve your app and show your committed enough to try again more power to you ☺️

Don't write about putting down your dog in your personal statement. At best, it will make people ask "why not vet school?"

If you have such little clinical hours that you don't have any meaningful experiences worth writing about, I suggest waiting a year and getting more, especially since it's kind of late to not be verified yet.

Every adcom here days being a reapplicant is bad. The US schools do rolling admissions so it's a hugreally disadvantage. My friend with a 39 mcat from an ivy had to reapply because of a late application. The next year, he got into a top 20.

Anyway obviously you are on track for Canada. The omsas system is slow so is recommend preparing your activities in advance. You don't need a ps for ontario.