Branded Retin A acne medication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PikminOC

MD Attending Physician
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it difficult to get branded Retin A medication as there are problems in terms of supply?

Members don't see this ad.

It was a couple months ago (at least down here in Florida), a lot of Medicaid hmos switched to brand retin a as their preferred product and I think it caught a lot of wholesalers off guard, but I'm pretty sure it's all good now

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a couple months ago (at least down here in Florida), a lot of Medicaid hmos switched to brand retin a as their preferred product and I think it caught a lot of wholesalers off guard, but I'm pretty sure it's all good now

Earning rebates at the expense of the federal government. And Pharma is always the biggest winner of all. Our healthcare system is so effed up.

Reactions: 1 user
Earning rebates at the expense of the federal government. And Pharma is always the biggest winner of all. Our healthcare system is so effed up.

hhahaha...the system is working the way it's supposed to...capitalism at its best.

You know generic tretinoin 0.1% cream, the large one, is available, right?

We use AmerisourceBergen, checked today, they had it in stock, but there are manufacturing issues, anticipated date is late december, so once they blow through what they have in stock won't be getting anymore till late Demeter

Reactions: 1 user
I turned in the script. Now I wait...I turned it in at least a week ago.
It all depends on the pharmacy u try and fill it at and the wholesaler they use. I had a guy the other day trying to get generic effexor, CVS told them it was a mfg backorder and they couldn't get it, I had plenty of it in stock and my wholesaler did too, best bet would be to call pharmacies in your area and see if they are able to get it from the supplier

It all depends on the pharmacy u try and fill it at and the wholesaler they use. I had a guy the other day trying to get generic effexor, CVS told them it was a mfg backorder and they couldn't get it, I had plenty of it in stock and my wholesaler did too, best bet would be to call pharmacies in your area and see if they are able to get it from the supplier

I did contact Walmart also. Same thing.

you can get the generic retin a cream on mydrugpill, i already shop from there

Is it difficult to get branded Retin A medication as there are problems in terms of supply?

This is a Valeant product. Walgreens has something like a 20 year contract with Valeant. Walgreens has a special inventory of just Valeant products. Check a local Walgreens. I have plenty brand name at mine.

Valeant - that's all you need to know.

Remember their Phillidor fiasco?