Break days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yestomeds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, what do you do on break days? And do you usually take 1 per week, or two per week?
If you do a day of say, the dentist, picking something up for your mom, and then returning a T-shirt (sum total: 5 hours), is that counted now having been counted as a break day?

Is your breakaway a 24 hour thing, or several break days consisting of just the afternoon off, etc.?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is different for everyone and how their brain recuperates, but I like to think that a brain running 100% for 6 days is better than a brain running at 70% for 7 days. Take it with a grain of salt. I take a full day off, one sleep cycle to the next.

Reactions: 1 user
My break day consist of doing anything that is not MCAT and not thinking about it AT ALL. I just pretend like I don't have an MCAT coming up for that day lol. It really helps me unwind and de-stress. I'm a tv binge guy so usually I'll just watch stuff and then maybe go out to eat with my people. Pretty chill nothing special.

Like said above, everyone is different.
I work part time, so I take "half day" offs every week. Like the afternoon or morning where I try to do something with friends.

Sounds good everybody. But sometimes I'm not very productive (ex. sit down after dinner and realize between the time after dinner (say 7pm) + time for bed (11pm or midnight), only work-worked for 2 hours or something).

I mean is that normal? Should I up the productivity a bit?

This kind of thing happens quite a bit and so I just don't feel good taking a whole day off. Some days I honestly feel like I'm being to chill to be honest; I wish to do more...