Breakdown of Materials Used By Those Who Scored 25+

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

warmbroom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the most common questions on here is, "What materials should I use to get ready for the DAT?"

Here are the materials used by the 34 people on SDN who have gotten a 25AA or higher. This should help you understand what materials will potentially be the most useful to help you study for the DAT. I'm not going to explain how they used them to study, just what they used to study. Read the individual breakdowns if you want to know more about how people studied to score very high on the DAT.
Thanks to Glimmer1991 for her ultimate breakdown thread, which made it easier to go through and collect this data.

I broke it up into three sections, Purchased Materials, Practice Tests, and Free Resources. I am not including resources that were only used by one person. To make the list, it had to be used by multiple people.

Purchased Materials.png
Practice Tests.png
Free Resources.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Awesome post. Good to see that I'm using all of the top resources and with only two weeks left I feel totally prepared. Of course I read tons of breakdowns before beginning my studies to find out what I needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
next time someone asks what are the best study material for DAT, I'll post this.
Thanks for taking the time to work this out.

Reactions: 1 user
why is Cliffs so much more popular than Barrons

It is a bit more concise. I preferred Barron's, though. It was an easier read.

That being said, I always suggest using both of them. Sometimes, seeing the same info presented in two different ways helps it to "stick."

This is a great resource for this time. People who are studying for their DAT's need to see this.

Is the x-axis number for the first two graphs number of people or percentage? Sorry about the confusion I just assumed percentage when I first saw this but then I realized that none of the numbers went over 34 in the graphs which was the amount of people that the information was taken from. That makes a huge difference with some of these graphs...

Is the x-axis number for the first two graphs number of people or percentage? Sorry about the confusion I just assumed percentage when I first saw this but then I realized that none of the numbers went over 34 in the graphs which was the amount of people that the information was taken from. That makes a huge difference with some of these graphs...

I thought it was number of people, not percentage.

Yeah that made more sense. Sorry I don't know why my brain decided it didn't want to understand the obvious this morning.

Why is Qvault so much higher than anything else? Will I be okay with Achiever and Bootcamp? I really don't feel like spending an extra $100 on Qvault. Or should I go with Bootcamp and Topscore instead of Achiever?

does anyone know how many of these people wrote the Canadian DAT? I'm wondering what materials ppl have used to get good scores in bio and GC for the Canadian version. Thanks

Destroyer, CrackDAT and Qvault can give you extra help if you need more practice problems.

Reactions: 1 user