Breaking a 32?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Despite all the studying (Kaplan, TPR, BR, EK) I've done, I have consistently scored around 32 (BS 11 PS 11 VR 10) on the old MCAT. No matter how many prep books I go through, I would still get the damned score of 32. Am I just not capable of scoring any higher or what? I feel very lost. Now that the new MCAT is coming out, I'm not sure if I should give it a shot or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you already take the old MCAT and have a 32 on record? If so, then you are good to go! A 32 is around the 85th-87th percentile, and it is good enough for most medical schools.

A 32 is a very good score, period.

Absolutely do not take the new MCAT.

Did you already take the old MCAT and have a 32 on record? If so, then you are good to go! A 32 is around the 85th-87th percentile, and it is good enough for most medical schools.

A 32 is a very good score, period.

Absolutely do not take the new MCAT.
But my GPA's on the lower end so I need to do better on the MCAT to make up for it. Plus I have already applied with 32 and did not get in anywhere. Also I'm Asian(if the makes any difference).

But my GPA's on the lower end so I need to do better on the MCAT to make up for it. Plus I have already applied with 32 and did not get in anywhere. Also I'm Asian(if the makes any difference).

How "low" is your GPA? And if you are concerned with low grades, consider taking some post-bacc courses to strengthen your sGPA. Do not take the new MCAT.

When you applied the first time, how were your ECs? Did you apply early and broadly?

It is very unlikely (even for an Asian) that a 32 was the reason why you didn't get in anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user