Breaks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmlesuccess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So just to get this straight, there is 1 hour total allocated to breaks during the 8 hour test. We can either choose to take a break after each section or just take one long lunchtime break midway?

Members don't see this ad.

On a similar note, if you have to drop a giant duce during the test, can you pause mid block? or do you have to tough it out till the end of the block

I took a lot of smaller 5 to 20 minute breaks. The testing center I was out let me check in and out in less than a minute. I've heard of places where there are lines and it takes a lot longer. You can still take a short break while sitting at your station, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
On a similar note, if you have to drop a giant duce during the test, can you pause mid block? or do you have to tough it out till the end of the block

You probably have to tough it out - at my test center, taking an unauthorized break mid-block was considered test misconduct. You pretty much just have to deal with it.

Also, any block you finish early adds the extra time to your break time. I think I ended up with about 1 hr 15 mins of break time and 1 hr of exam time before my final block.

bringing my yoga mat to do pilates and yoga during my break. Can i watch netflix on the testing computer during my break? does it have internet? An episode of avatar between block 4 and 5 would be an incredible refresher.

I took a lot of smaller 5 to 20 minute breaks. The testing center I was out let me check in and out in less than a minute. I've heard of places where there are lines and it takes a lot longer. You can still take a short break while sitting at your station, though.

I think it will be a great idea so sort all this out the day before by visiting the test center etc..

Just take some PEG like they have you take for bowel colonscopy prep the day before and you won't have to worry about taking no deuces.:laugh:

But seriously the break time is a bit draconian. Somebody should do something similar to the PhDs writing the exam...you can't take a deuce until you write the entire set of NEW questions for the year OR better yet, you can't take a deuce until you get your NIH finding for the year. If you want to really push the envelope, you can't take a deuce until you get a Nobel Prize...only Nobel Prize winners are allowed to take deuces....because that sh** is real mutha*****....they earned it.

They gots to be practicin what they be preach yall.