Bringing the Spouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wvumd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the consensus on bringing a spouse to the evening before dinner if they are invited?

Members don't see this ad.

What is the consensus on bringing a spouse to the evening before dinner if they are invited?

from what i saw last year, if they are invited (and they want to come along), then go ahead and bring them. i was at several interviews where spouses were clearly invited and the interviewing residents also brought their spouses. these tended to be in smaller towns from what i remember, maybe places where more residents were married - not sure. i remember this specifically from interviews at wake forest and wvu. one guy brought his girlfriend, not a spouse or fiancee, and that seemed a little questionable. maybe she had a major say in his rank list.. who knows.

Bottom line it should not matter, if a program picks you because of your spouse, hopefully you will pick up on how out of touch they are and not need to rank them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm bringing my boyfriend. I don't find it to be "questionable" at all. He's most likely going to be moving with me, and while I'm not out to UN-impress, I don't feel that the resident dinner is such a trial of fire that I need to worry about whether or not to bring someone who is invited.

If it helps, my wife is going to come along with me on some of these. She works, so can't come to all of them by any means. She's definitely coming to Louisville since it's on Fri/Sat.

I'm definitely bringing mine!!! :)